• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Acolyte Q&A

First0rder

Hi All,   Im in the middle of Researching a Acolyte build and thought that we could all weight in with our findings, vendors, and any recommended upgrades along the way.

Saber - Id  like to ask about the color of the saber blade.  For those that used VadersVault : https://store.vadersvault.com/acolyte/ did you go with the Red or Red/Orange?    Siths obviously Red but not seeing theirs in hand, if their Red a good Solid Red or find the Red/Orange a closer match to KOTOR. 

Armor - Whos the good vendors out there?  Seen Wolfgang and MynocksDen used,  but how is Mynocks new ABS line?

Mask -  Seen Wolfgangs, MynocksDen, and Wicked Armor.   What are your findings,  who offers a back enclosure for theirs.

Neck Seal - Ive seen a few diff ones,  whos did you use?

Gloves - CRL says tactical,  any recommendations? 

Boots - Seen a few use Tactical Jungle boots,  thoughts?

Neck Robe - Seen some use MystikMechant http://store.mystikmerchant.com/ ,   Thoughts to those that used this vendor?  any other recommendations. 

Belt Pouches and Belt - Looking to do  Webbed  or leather material Belt and Matching Pouches.  What have you use?

Edited by First0rder

I have heard good things about Mynock's abs line, though I would have been partial to grabbing a set of the fiberglass. 

Hopefully others can chime in on what they used.

Hi!  I'll give you some feedback on some of your questions to try to help you out a bit.

Armor- I have Wolfgang's armor and I really like it.  The build went smoothly.  I have a friend who has resin armor from Mynock's Den, and it is also great looking armor!  (He's on the left, I'm on the right)

IMG_3784_zps5e1gpfrw.jpg

Mask- I troop in an early version of Mynock Den's mask with no backing. I also have a mask from Wolfgang but it was too big. (He has two sizes and I believe I ordered the small, so I was surprised by that.)

Neck Seal- I have a heavy (vinyl?) one from Wolfgang. I also have a light cloth one that I got from someone (?) on the 501st forum a long time ago, but I dont troop it.

Gloves- I use these FIrm Grip gloves I got from Home Depot.  

th_2E68A42B-1956-4351-B100-079EDC5B6E3A_

Robe- haha- I can't sew, and I made my acolyte before folks started selling them, so my mom made my robe for me from a modified jedi robe design.

Belt pouches and belt- my belt is made of tan webbing and the pouches are nylon latex glove pouches. I wish they were a bit larger, but they work alright.

th_68507097-4A21-46B5-BAA8-C00C303B3726_

https://www.rothco.com/product/rothco-enhanced-heavy-duty-latex-glove-pouch 

Boots- I use some tactical boots from Big 5 that come just above my ankle. I didn't want anything too high that I would have to squeeze into the shin armor.  Response Gear Tactical Footwear- Deputy.

th_EB3E9D53-4DBB-430A-845C-05AD4E46C6A2_

Amazing Picture of you three!!! wow!!!

Thank you so much for your feedback.   As of writing this, im still hunting for the Boots and neck seal so your findings will help tremendously. 

For the Robe, im close to commissioning it from a seamstress that Taras provided me and the Belt Pouches from Bobby over at DarmansProps.  

Will post pics once i get them

Andy

5 hours ago, First0rder said:

Amazing Picture of you three!!! wow!!!

Thank you so much for your feedback.   As of writing this, im still hunting for the Boots and neck seal so your findings will help tremendously. 

For the Robe, im close to commissioning it from a seamstress that Taras provided me and the Belt Pouches from Bobby over at DarmansProps.  

Will post pics once i get them

Andy

Thanks Andy.  I was stoked to have another Acolyte to troop with.  

Cant wait to see your robe!

4 hours ago, TK Keith said:

Thanks Andy.  I was stoked to have another Acolyte to troop with.  

Cant wait to see your robe!

Oh I can imagine! Cause you guys look Killer together!!  I’ll be happy if I can troop with any other Sith from KOTOR haha!! 

Will definitely post once I get pics