• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

True Sith (species) - Work in Progress

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving all the progress :) Very exciting and inspiring to watch :)

Now to go read more about true sith so I can appreciate it even more ;)

Guest Anonymous

LOL! I hate to say it, but I think the comics they first appear in are CHEESY. But I am having SO much fun with the costume. And I think the basic idea is cool.

Guest Daritha

Nah, not cheesy. I enjoyed them very much when I had the chance to read them. It was another kind of Star Wars but a good one.

As good as your costume comes out 'til now. ;)

Guest Anonymous

Fair enough! I am actually enjoying them more now than when they first came out - maybe because I am used to them enough to find their aesthetic less jarring.

Guest Anonymous

Well, I was hoping to show a full test of the armor by now... not quite there yet. But... very close! Here are a few more photos to show what I've been plugging away at. It will be done for Celebration V, at least. :)

I redid the belt entirely, as I realized that the first one--while cool from the front--was cheesy from other angles (built it on a belt that had elastic). This version is instead attached directly to the skirt/leather armor and works a lot better, as well as being a lot more decorated. Also redid the shoulder and chest armor using a cleaner pull. So, as of now, all the body armor is done. The raggedy bits of the front of the skirt will hopefully be mostly covered with a fabric drape. That's what happens when you mess up with rivets, folks.

4792272394_9d6db807e0.jpg

Detailing on the chest/shoulder armor, showing my nod to Flagship Eclipse in the interpretation of Sadow's insignia...

4792277274_c51794cb5b.jpg

This is all the leg armor - knee, shin, chains down to ankle pieces, and then the Very Glam (!) gold painted sandals. All the designs on these pieces are taken from family/clan/whatever crests that show up here and there in the Golden Age of the Sith comics.

4792281524_4014f4a1a2.jpg

These are upper arm bands and wrist bands with chains (a la Naga Sadow and various other characters drawn from Golden Age of the Sith).

4791653037_a2f9aa8950.jpg

These are my "foot pieces." They fit over my toes, the seam where they end and my foot begins hidden by the sandal strap. Sith only have two toes, and some have something like a dewclaw or bone spike toward the back, but not all. For the sake of sanity, I just went with the two toes and left it at that.

4807239724_fd18369422.jpg

Here is the Sith polearm/glaive. The blade is taken directly from one of the comic-book illustrations. The haft is very similar, but I did a little interpreting so that I can easily break it down in 12" sections for shipping. :)

4806625919_6c9eb166fc.jpg

I'll post again with more when I have it! Perhaps this weekend. Good luck, everybody who is preparing for CV!

Next on HBO;

TRUESITH

Inspirational work my friend. I do hope to draw you into the Expanded Universe Panel for SW Celebration V.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Anonymous
Next on HBO;

TRUESITH

Inspirational work my friend. I do hope to draw you into the Expanded Universe Panel for SW Celebration V.

Be well,

Thomas

I'd love to see a True Sith series on HBO. LOL! Or perhaps on the History Channel? SECRETS OF A LOST CIVILIZATION...

Guest Anonymous

ALMOST THERE! Waiting on cloak and tunic and belt drapes (I suck at sewing, so the redoubtable folk at Corellian Imports/Lightspeed Imports are making that). However, got to do a full makeup and costume test with what I have this Sunday. So, here are a few pics. The first one is Photoshopped onto a background for kicks, but nothing has been changed on costume or makeup itself. The rest are just random pics from my family room. LOL!

Last of a Race...

4832334178_17663e2da8_z.jpg

Close-up...

4832448334_8581e5b6b6_o.jpg

4829237079_93e3dd4a8a.jpg4829222867_b4c1cf8259.jpg4829210749_83db3c3089.jpg4829216965_7024bea059.jpg

See a lot of you at CV, hopefully!

That looks great!

I always love how contact lenses can make such a difference to how people look. A simple thing like the contacts can make you seem almost "non-human" on their own, and added to the extra skin effects it is all pulled together so well.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks! You know what is funny is consistently, I get more comments on the contacts than ANYTHING else whenever I wear them. From Revan's armor, to this... if my face is exposed and I wear the contacts, people will ignore half a year's worth of armoring, etc. to go, "OMG! YOUR EYES!" At first, it was humorous and vexing both--now it is just humorous and definitely a testament, as you say, to how when you change the eyes, it changes someone's whole look. They are definitely "windows to the soul" and when you tamper with them, it produces a dramatic emotional effect for the viewer.

Another funny things is I sometimes wear them without a huge amount of other makeup (or if I am wearing makeup, it's to look like a guy, not an alien) and then I get people coming up and going, "Are those contacts?"

I have found that the best response is, "No." If delivered blandly enough, the double-takes you get are priceless.

Guest Anonymous
That looks great!

I always love how contact lenses can make such a difference to how people look. A simple thing like the contacts can make you seem almost "non-human" on their own, and added to the extra skin effects it is all pulled together so well.

WOW! Your icon just loaded. BEAUTIFUL MASK!

Guest Anonymous

I am speechless, this is stunning! Geez, don't log on for a few days and I miss this. Amazing, amazing work!

Guest Anonymous

Thank you muchly, Jaina! :) I am a terribly inconsistent poster/reader, so I totally understand where you're coming from. I've been scrambling around on the forums admiring all the stuff I'd missed, myself!

Guest Daritha

Unfortunately, these "pure-blooded" Sith are nothing more than red-skinned humanoids. Not flesh beards or bling-bling armor. They remembering me a bit of Zeltrons, actually. :/

True about the armor although you can see on this screenshot the extended flesh/skin on the brows and jaw-line. Depending on how you can customise your character, the extra flesh might vary. Perhaps this screenshot just shows a "pretty Sith".

http://cdn-www.swtor.com//sites/all/fil ... 1_full.jpg