• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

A'Sharad Hett WIP Questions

LordStraff

Hey Everyone! Starting up an A'Sharad build! Went and got tons of duck cloth for this!

I did have a tiny question. I was going to use duck cloth for all the tan parts of this build: wraps, tunic etc. It does not say anything specific about the cloth aside from the wraps around the arms, boots and helmet. 

Am I still ok to use duck cloth for everything else? I bought about 12 yards of the stuff just so i could make sure i have enough. I have a different cloth material for the pants and the jacket.

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:DZ_asharad_hett

The parts i'm referring to are:

-Inner Tunic

-Waist Sash

-Neck Seal

I have asked several people who have done this build, and they all have stated that it is possible for me to use duck cloth for the parts listed above, they just didnt recommend it due to it being a very hot material.

(Not worried about the heat of the costume so much as i'm worried about durability) 

Also, does anyone know what type of glue/adhesive i can use on the rubber work boots for this kit? Just wanna make sure i have something that will stick pretty well before i start cutting the cloth into strips. 

Actually, according to the comics, rubber boots are not what are used at all but wrapped Jedi boots with a definite tread on the bottom. A pair of the Funtasma pleather boots were used off of Amazon (just type in Jedi boots) and Barge’s all purpose contact cement from Tandy Leather.  Any contact cement will work. 

5B973E79-F656-4365-8A59-58B9A240B9E3.jpeg

220EC0D3-EBF0-4F99-8F36-3BCC1F3DA719.jpeg

• Like 1

Ok so the only problem i'm running into now is the handwraps for this guy. I cannot for the life of me get them to stay up on my arms by having just regular wraps. I have also tried attaching them to sleeves and such with no luck. Does anyone have any templates or patterns to follow? I"m losing my mind over these. 

3 hours ago, LordStraff said:

Ok so the only problem i'm running into now is the handwraps for this guy. I cannot for the life of me get them to stay up on my arms by having just regular wraps. I have also tried attaching them to sleeves and such with no luck. Does anyone have any templates or patterns to follow? I"m losing my mind over these. 

Depending on how you have the wraps done, you can make a bracer form out of plastic that the wraps attach to at the wrist and the forearm.

Untitled.png

Even if you wrap yours each time, you can permanently attach them to the bottom ring, then have a velcro or similar system to attach them to the upper ring.