• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Updateing my Revan

DarthCephalus

This is an interesting rabbit hole. There is an inconsistency with the video and text references. The saber in purple is clearly the one Revan sports in TOR. The literature on that saber says he built it during his retraining and he carried it ever since. Since his retraining would have occurred during KOTOR1,  this should have been his saber, but the flashback of him in KOTOR2 has him using the one you posted pics of which is a generic. There are promo pics of him from TOR using the sabers I have pictured, but the armor is the Reborn armor not the original. The black series figure has the same two sabers with the original armor but black series are not acceptable resources as I understand it (never was sure why) and the vast majority of the unofficial art has him using the same two. I guess I will just go with the one saber, but truth be told, I will probobly carry the other as well from time to time. I think it is much more recognizable as Revan's second saber than the one in the KOTOR 2 game files. I wonder though if any of the official artists are responsible for any of the large number of pictures with original armor and reborn hilt.

7 hours ago, DarthCephalus said:

This is an interesting rabbit hole. There is an inconsistency with the video and text references. The saber in purple is clearly the one Revan sports in TOR. The literature on that saber says he built it during his retraining and he carried it ever since. Since his retraining would have occurred during KOTOR1,  this should have been his saber, but the flashback of him in KOTOR2 has him using the one you posted pics of which is a generic. There are promo pics of him from TOR using the sabers I have pictured, but the armor is the Reborn armor not the original. The black series figure has the same two sabers with the original armor but black series are not acceptable resources as I understand it (never was sure why) and the vast majority of the unofficial art has him using the same two. I guess I will just go with the one saber, but truth be told, I will probobly carry the other as well from time to time. I think it is much more recognizable as Revan's second saber than the one in the KOTOR 2 game files. I wonder though if any of the official artists are responsible for any of the large number of pictures with original armor and reborn hilt.

Literature never takes precedence in references unless accompanied by a visual reference (such as visual guides).

Also, Black Series are still a viable reference. You are probably thinking of the fact that someone wanted to use it as a KOTOR reference and I said no, but it would stand on its own as a version.

On 9/25/2018 at 4:39 AM, DarthValkyria said:

Also, Black Series are still a viable reference. You are probably thinking of the fact that someone wanted to use it as a KOTOR reference and I said no, but it would stand on its own as a version.

That is awesome. I may have to look into some of that leg armor then. As to the saber, I may just start another thread. After looking around a bit, I think there is still some discussion to be had there. For now, I will stick with one. As for the rest of the upgrades, added some burnt umber on top of the copper at the bottom of the kidney plate. Darkened it up nicely. made it thin on the detail so it stands out. Need to hit the whole thing with some gloss to give it a uniform shine. I was looking into the boots. Seems square toed boots are generally sold as cavalry boots. A lot of civil war reenactment places sell them. I will be picking up a pair. Any suggestions on the silver weathering?

1 minute ago, DarthCephalus said:

That is awesome. I may have to look into some of that leg armor then. As to the saber, I may just start another thread. After looking around a bit, I think there is still some discussion to be had there. For now, I will stick with one. As for the rest of the upgrades, added some burnt umber on top of the copper at the bottom of the kidney plate. Darkened it up nicely. made it thin on the detail so it stands out. Need to hit the whole thing with some gloss to give it a uniform shine. I was looking into the boots. Seems square toed boots are generally sold as cavalry boots. A lot of civil war reenactment places sell them. I will be picking up a pair. Any suggestions on the silver weathering?

I really wish someone would submit the Black Series version and the SWTOR Shadow version.

As far as the silver weathering, I got a pair of black leather boots, put some white shoe cleaner on it (the squeezy liquid stuff), and then wiped it off after a few seconds. Small areas at a time until you cover the whole boot, otherwise it'll dry too much and you'll just have white.