• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Azrayel's Revan Build

Azrayel74

Im planning on some good velcro installations to keep the bridging pieces located correctly, as ive noticed the staggered look of the front to back plates and where the bridging sits is not a consistent width. I have some good ideas i think and have been looking pretty closely at the references to try to get my kit as close as i can. Im a stickler for details , even if they wont be seen 90% of the time. Im hoping to get some help this weekend in getting the armor pieces ON me again, so i can figure out how long my bridge needs to be, and how wide , and where everything is suppose to sit in relation to the other pieces in the puzzle. 

• Like 1

Got some help over the weekend, finished my bridge, and attached the velcro needed for good spacing and layout of the armor. just need to add the side panels back in, and finish adjusting the hood and capelet rings to meet CRL's better and I think ill be just about ready t apply for approval !!

s5XZih8.jpg

W7DpaDF.jpg

DdXneb2.jpg

looks good. Much better than 2 pieces version IMHO. Now it just depends on detachment if they approve it or not. I know some GML can be strict with CRL, which is saying about 2 pcs...

I think even armor pats will fit much better thanks to 1pc bridge belt.

Good luck mate! 

Worked on finishing up last details.. and was able to get help getting kitted, and getting photos taken. Maybe a bit dark?? but submitted for Approval thru my GML's on wednesday.. now the waiting game.

9COLZzT.jpg

VZGA4fs.jpg

dhvqJKn.jpg

u0sUNmf.jpg

wFjZhz0.jpg

xiv3iQK.jpg

v1umQS4.jpg

Z5FiVGz.jpg

Well.. got my approval email on thursday.. now just waiting for the database updates for the OFFICIAL part and i can submit for full Detachment access... the waiting is always the hard part :-) but i did get to troop the kit over the weekend , found a few minor things to fix but overall... quite enjoyable kit to wear compared to my 50 Lbs of Mando Merc!!! 

yFqWZdh.jpg

Edited by Azrayel74

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:49 PM, Azrayel74 said:

Got some help over the weekend, finished my bridge, and attached the velcro needed for good spacing and layout of the armor. 

Can you show us picture of bridge only? I'm wondering where you putted Velcro, all way around or just in few spots?

Sorry for the delays... Revans been packed up for a bit and just got him out tonight to make a few minor fixes before trooping this weekend. heres the picture of the one piece Bridge i made. its quite heavily invested in velcro. I have almost the entire kit setup to attach in some way to the bridge as my foundation, including my hakama.

65227491_316664895906974_2674201454880751616_n (2).jpg

On 6/29/2019 at 3:11 AM, rostwortrooper said:

Thanks for picture!

After trooping, Do you feel it needs to be attached to armor part? Will it work to have it separate, as a belt under the armor? Movement should be easier, but I’m not sure

With as much velcro as i have on it... it really becomes part of the hard armor parts for me... gives a bit of flex and movement i wouldnt have in full armor. but i definitely like having the full bridge instead of parts the can gap at the sides. I actually now have it setup so that my skirts ALSO velcro onto the inside bottom edge of my bridge as well so in essence my bridge becomes the center point to the whole kit, holding the skirts up, keeping armor in place and still giving me some flexibility. 

Because i enjoy having my kit identifiable, and maybe because im crazy enough to try painting Husky Totes < not recommended for the weak of heart as paint doesnt stick well> I finished a repaint of my smaller Husky that now houses my Revan < as well as my 2 Imperial kits> and thought id share for entertainment, or ideas for others.

66637204_366269817414961_5661351088989667328_n.jpg