• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan Updates and Improvements

Darth Cody

I just wanted to have a post where I can occasionally share things I have changed/done to my personal Wicked Armor Darth Revan. Also, would appreciate any insight others have as to making the costume more detailed or just less of a hassle. Thanks

Edited by Darth Cody

38 minutes ago, Darth Cody said:

I just wanted to have a post where I can occasionally share things I have changed/done to my Wicked Armor Darth Revan. Also, would appreciate any insight others have as to making the costume more detailed or just less of a hassle. Thanks

Having just recently purchased from you, I appreciate this a lot! 

On 5/23/2018 at 7:15 PM, Darth Cody said:

Update, removed the strings attaching the rings and replaced with leather.

FB_IMG_1527124473132.jpg

THIS MAKES ME HAPPY TO SEEEEEE.

Also, do you have both a front and back set or just front?

• Like 1

Spent some time tonight doing some emergency surgery on a gauntlet, reattaching a couple of my leather ring holders, and reattaching part of my Cape mount due to it to failing during my last troop. 7 troops in and I have definitely had to work on this again after almost each one, even if they are minor fixes. 

If anyone has some things they wouldn't mind sharing that have worked with a Wicked Armor Revan and improvements you may have made, especially for durability, please feel free to post. 

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:47 PM, Squall Lionhart said:

I have the same lightsaber, but with a silver activation switch. Now I just need to wait on the purple version. So worth the purchase

Waiting myself on VV to do the "Reborn" style hilt. They said on Facebook later this year that they were planning on it.

Edited by Darth Cody

Sadly, due to some heat damage on my Lions Den Revan Mask, I will be switching to the Wicked Armor mask as well. The silver lining is that I have been trying to fix my LD mask, which has gotten to look pretty good again so I will just use as a permanent display. And factoring in the WA mask has an under mask that might help cut back on some of my mask fogging issue hopefully. Anyone with the WA mask feel like the under mask helps much? 

received_2157240404565150.jpeg

On 6/23/2018 at 10:57 PM, Darth Cody said:

Spent some time tonight doing some emergency surgery on a gauntlet, reattaching a couple of my leather ring holders, and reattaching part of my Cape mount due to it to failing during my last troop. 7 troops in and I have definitely had to work on this again after almost each one, even if they are minor fixes. 

If anyone has some things they wouldn't mind sharing that have worked with a Wicked Armor Revan and improvements you may have made, especially for durability, please feel free to post. 

So one thing I did to my WA set is I made sturdy shoulder straps out of nylon webbing, to attach the chest and back plates together. I also use the straps to anchor my capelet so it doesn't go anywhere.

I'm digging these Revan improvement threads. I got approved last November, and I was already going to re-make my hood and stuff, so might as well start doing it now!

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 5:17 PM, Darth Cody said:

Have my rings pulled off, to add the new red lining around the bottom. I think that red accent will really make it all pop though.

20180909_191335.jpg

This looks slick!

I need to redo mine (again) as I forgot to put in the flexible structure strip to keep it from folding under itself.