• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Names Called While Trooping

Mitthrawnuruodo

3 hours ago, Naa'leth said:

As Nightsister Naa'leth I was also the "guy from Ninjago" or Santa Claus :D and because of the facepainting I am a black metal fan of course

Make me so happy to hear stories about Nightsisters :)
My wife is Karis

In the Imperial Knight, I have been called "Santa Jedi", "Viking Jedi", and a Royal Guard. In my old green Jedi gear (my daughter has it now), I was called just about every Jedi name in the movies. I tend to just answer to whatever anymore  :P

Now have two new ones as Asajj- Female Cenobite and Nebula from Guardians of the Galaxy. I guess all bald women look the same.

Also: Aja, Aji, Ava, Saji, Ventures, and "uh, that one Sith chick."

They don't recognize the power of the Dark Side.

1 hour ago, scottdm62 said:

I was at a symphony troop as Revan and got called Darth Talon? WTF?!!

That's impressive that someone knew who Talon was enough to say the name... but clearly only knows the name... last I checked she didn't wear a mask (or much of anything hahaha)

• Like 1

I have only been called Kylo once, as Revan...  Get a lot of compliments and a lot of personal stories from fans. I have seen a lot Revan tattoos, and am considering one myself lol  

I was also introduced to a Father's son, named Revan after the character.

As a TK, I was called That Transformer, Bumblebee lmao  Still not so certain how that came about, but is my favourite so far lol

The best one that I found out trooping only 2 times as Darth Malgus was standing next to another SL Vader as Anaykin series....

People really get confused with both of us with facial burns and scars wondering who the hell is who?

Until the breathing respirator factor comes in from Vader....lol 

71899155_10220494517382018_7872464703249

65588981_10219760303667134_3654575358495

At the holiday parade last Saturday, I was dubbed "Darth Santa" while in my Imperial Knight. Kids all along the parade route were yelling out "Santa" as we walked by and one guy said he always knew Santa was a dark sider  :P

• Like 1

Recently I was referred to as the girl from Tangled whilst in Mara and I had to duck away due to uncontrollable laughter. 

I usually get Black Widow or Rey though - Black Widow I totally get (black suit, red hair) but Rey????

It's always interesting trooping as a character that most con attendees/casual Star Wars fans have likely never seen or heard of. 

Every so often, someone from outside of the Legions recognizes me as Darth Maladi (which *almost* makes my cold, dark, sithy heart happy). Otherwise, I've gotten Darth Talon (quite a few times), Darth Maul, Hellboy, and "that devil chick".

My personal favourite, courtesy of an adorable ~3 year old girl in an Elsa costume: "Are you a ladybug?"

Edited by Corpseflower

While trooping as Mara, I once had a kid call me Anna (from Frozen). I've also had a woman excitedly ask me, "You're Rey, right?". I was extremely proud of  my brain/mouth filter when after several seconds, I replied with a simple "no".