• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Bane

I am very excited to hopefully one day be part of the 501st legion.  I have a long road ahead of me and will be spending a lot of time researching throughout the forums.

One of my favorite characters is none other than darth bane.  It seems there has not been a lot of attempts at a costume other than the clone emperor's version with orbalisk armor, which is amazing by the way.  I couldn't even find the crl for it which I'm assuming means that it wasn't approved.  I understand darth bane is not in a lot of media, but I was wondering if the clone wars version of him would have the potential to pass?  I have the concept art, which is what they used in the show with a lot of details.  I was hoping someone has built it in the past so that I have something to go on, but unfortunately not.  I really like the look because it is inspired by samurai armor and is paired with a unique pike or lance lightsaber.  I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction in getting something like this started.  Maybe even proffesional I can contact or hire to help make some of the pieces.

Here is the concept from starwars.com
720bf98067fc53d4eae920062d62eada.jpg

So long as you have the complete 360 degree detail layout from an official source (in this case the concept from SW.com being such a source), then it just falls to accurately reflecting said references into real world costumes and BOOM. 

I 100% support the creation and approval process of this costume, even if it is a reminder that GL intentionally denied Revan from being canon. :-D

I'm going to start work on the same version of Bane once my Revan is finished and come Fall 2018. I'll be posting stuff my WIP in the Clone Wars - Bane section of the forum.

I'm currently determining if the torso is either made of soft or rigid material. The collar is clearly made of rigid material as is the shin, vambraces, foot guards, hand plates, pauldrons, and the shoulder spikes on the collar. Everything else appears to be soft parts. The waist part looks to be made of soft material as it is shown to flow in the Clone Wars episode. The overall costume is a fairly easy build. The helmet will be the most exciting thing to build as no available 3D model or sculpt of it exist. One person, however, did make a 3D model of it but hasn't made a physical copy or rendered it capable for 3D printing as of yet; that was 2 years ago.

On 7/23/2018 at 5:34 PM, TrKDD said:

I'm going to start work on the same version of Bane once my Revan is finished and come Fall 2018. I'll be posting stuff my WIP in the Clone Wars - Bane section of the forum.

I'm currently determining if the torso is either made of soft or rigid material. The collar is clearly made of rigid material as is the shin, vambraces, foot guards, hand plates, pauldrons, and the shoulder spikes on the collar. Everything else appears to be soft parts. The waist part looks to be made of soft material as it is shown to flow in the Clone Wars episode. The overall costume is a fairly easy build. The helmet will be the most exciting thing to build as no available 3D model or sculpt of it exist. One person, however, did make a 3D model of it but hasn't made a physical copy or rendered it capable for 3D printing as of yet; that was 2 years ago.

On the torso armor, I would definitely support the idea of soft leather-like armor/vest as it looks like it attaches to the kama and matches exactly in color and texture. So, it appears to mimic Mandalorian style in a vest-like chest piece with an open kama (otherwise, I'd call it a tunic) with hard armor on top of it, similar to the samurai armor set-up the character was modeled after.

On 7/26/2018 at 12:30 AM, DarthValkyria said:

On the torso armor, I would definitely support the idea of soft leather-like armor/vest as it looks like it attaches to the kama and matches exactly in color and texture. So, it appears to mimic Mandalorian style in a vest-like chest piece with an open kama (otherwise, I'd call it a tunic) with hard armor on top of it, similar to the samurai armor set-up the character was modeled after.

I did some study on how real samurai armors are built and the kama is separate piece tied on the waist. I think it would work better on this one as well.

I do agree with soft leather armor and hardened shoulder armor.

I wonder if those ornamented parts on the waist should be hard armor or soft leather/canvas. I would say they are hard armor parts but does anyone have a different opinion on them? I just started the helmet yesterday by making cardboard sculpt from the mask.