• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

The Force has guided me to do a Revan build (WIP)

kaabous

Well, it looks like a will not be able to get a helmet for my Starkiller Hoth for a while, so my next endeavor will be Darth Revan while that is back-burnered!

I am working on getting the sizing and spacing right for hard bits.  Do these roughs look right?

66fPCjM.jpg?2

gVmB7Y7.jpg?1

The bottom of the ab armor is sitting just at the top of my hip bone and I think I have the space at the top about right to show the hood and shirt properly.  From the reference pictures and pictures on this board it looks like that is about where they fit, but not having it done it before I'd appreciate some input from folks who have done this costume.   

I am planning on some suspenders/suspension straps to keep the cuirass in place, an elastic belt backing the flexible gap seal and a webbing and elastic belt backing the ab armor.  I'll be attaching all three together with direct hook and loop and some strapping, probably.

I am planning the hood, caplet and cape to all be separate pieces so it will be easier to fit, adjust and upgrade each piece.  I have duck cloth for the hood and capelet and some stiffer upholstery fabric for the cape.  I want it to really hold the knife pleats like the reference images and this fabric should be great for that.  I have questions on the pleats for the cape.  How many are there?  The main reference pic I have seen going around has what looks like 5 knife pleats per side and the center box pleat.  A lot of the approved costumes and the CRL pics seem to have some variation in number, but 3-4 knife pleats per side seems common.  I just want to check if there is a preferred or approved number before I get to sewing.  Similar question about the skirt, it is split in the front and back with about 3 box pleats on each side.  Is that right?

I have tons more questions, but this should kick it off.