• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Just a thought for this, but my girlfriend was recently approved in the Rebel Legion as Bastila and I was wondering if it would be possible to have Bastila be a 501st acceptable costume. The robe she would need would obviously be a Dark Jedi robe from Kotor 1 unless we could use her regular robe and do a darker recolor. I think it'd be interesting since Mortis Ahsoka has just recently been approved.

1bastila_shan_darkside.jpg

262198-bmeditation.jpg

Revan_Shan_Temple.png

Rephrasing what Chris said. Her story allots for Darkside and there are references for her, just finding the official game files rear view shots that might be tricky. I remember there being fan-made skins your could put on your character of hers, but those 1st person one's won't work as they are fan-made.

Was there anything else that came of this? My wife is finally getting into this world, and really wants to be in the 501st with me, and not the Rebel Legion. She has really started getting into the idea of Bastila though, and if Dark Side Bastila is an option, we could at least see if we could make it work.

11 hours ago, Grimwalker said:

She also appears in the Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes mobile game, and the character selection screen gives a rotatable 360* model.

I think it should work. Good for SWGoH Dark Bastila reference picture for new CRL!

7956D4CB-12EB-44B4-B8AA-8238E97C7607.jpeg

Edited by rostwortrooper

On 10/8/2019 at 2:43 PM, DarthValkyria said:

Honestly, with the 360 here and the shots from KOTOR, I would support it so long as they coincide and do not contradict one another.

I've been checking the pictures from KOTOR and Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes game and the outfit Bastila wears is different between the games. The Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes outfit seems to be a simplified version of the KOTOR outfit with a part that was black in KOTOR being made gray. This being said I have picture of all sides of Bastila from KOTOR in the default dark Bastila outfit. So we have 360 pictures of both outfits. Would this allow for there to be two different CRLS?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Raji Tyth said:

I've been checking the pictures from KOTOR and Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes game and the outfit Bastila wears is different between the games. The Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes outfit seems to be a simplified version of the KOTOR outfit with a part that was black in KOTOR being made gray. This being said I have picture of all sides of Bastila from KOTOR in the default dark Bastila outfit. So we have 360 pictures of both outfits. Would this allow for there to be two different CRLS?

Hi Jess!

If you have photos from KOTOR please post them up so we can all check them out and review them.

At this time I don't think any detachment has made any CRLs based on images from Galaxy of Heroes (I believe Krayt Clan would like to make the Tusken Shaman an official CRL but that hasn't happened yet). Not saying it can't happen, just saying it hasn't happened yet.

The Bastila KOTOR pictures are posted at this link. There are 32 pictures click the 10 more pictures button until you get to the last picture which will be after the 1 more picture button.

Don't worry about the 18+ warning button it makes you click. All of my pictures are screen shots of the costume from the game and are safe.

https://imgur.com/a/iFL2Ig8

• Like 1

This is the link for Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes game Bastila outfit. There are 24 pictures, to view them all click the 10 more button after the 1st set of 10.

Don't worry about the 18+ warning button it makes you click. All of the pictures are of the costume from the game and are safe.

https://imgur.com/a/2IZ0T0f

• Like 1

There are definitely differences between the two, about as many as the two Visas Marr and Darth Nihilus versions.

Shoulder "armor"? "pads"?, back of the tunic/dress (I don't know what we want to call it), skirt - back of the skirt (KOTOR has a slit that GoH doesn't), gauntlets, honestly the more I look at these two the more I see that they're very different costumes.

The boots are the only parts that are about the same in both versions.

I would say that *if* we happened to get both submitted, I would consider it along the lines of a version 1/2 thing like Savage Opress's CRL.

The new CRL system allows us to create versions internally instead of having to do completely separate CRLs, which saves space and time.

So, organization wise I see it as, "Bastila Shan: Fallen" with a v1 and v2.

The forms between the two seem to pretty much match, but the actual details in the skins are very much different. Even the boots have different seams on the top of the foot/ankle and the upper lip at the calf on the sides. 

9 hours ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

There are definitely differences between the two, about as many as the two Visas Marr and Darth Nihilus versions.

Shoulder "armor"? "pads"?, back of the tunic/dress (I don't know what we want to call it), skirt - back of the skirt (KOTOR has a slit that GoH doesn't), gauntlets, honestly the more I look at these two the more I see that they're very different costumes.

The boots are the only parts that are about the same in both versions.

It is like GoH had a rough idea of the outline shape of the KOTOR outfit then filled in the blank with their ideas. But even the boots are very different when you look close.

14 hours ago, Raji Tyth said:

It is like GoH had a rough idea of the outline shape of the KOTOR outfit then filled in the blank with their ideas. But even the boots are very different when you look close.

Welcome to Star Wars costuming, where nothing is consistent and the details don't matter :P

• Haha 1