• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Dragon*Con 2009 Sith Witch

Katsu Ma_roy

I hope everyone got to see MEs Nightsister costume at D*C this year. Simply spectacular. Unfortunately, I was too tired and as such rude to properly compliment it at the parade. I don't have a picture handy, but it did win overall best SW costume.

Here is a picture with me ... bad camera phone, and really doesn't do it justice at all...

2009-09-06%2023.31.32.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I didn't go to DC this year, but I saw many pictures of this and am blown away by it. It looks movie screen worthy, it just blows me away. Definitely one of the best Star Wars costumes I've ever seen. I bet it's even better in person. Really beautiful work! :)

So, I don't use the word then. I just say that your costume is a marvelous piece of work. Too bad I can't see it in person but judging from the pictures above it must be a astonishing view!

There are no photos out there, even from the pros that go to shoot, that do this costume justice. Simply astonishing. I remember watching progress pics of this on TF.N C&P forums when the headdress bones were being made and was blown away. To see it in person (even when we both "dove" for the only open area on the floor LOL) left me in awe and speechless (to make me shut my trap is a feat within itself).

Guest Anonymous

Your costume was not only awesome in looks but it's design and the makeup you did for the character was amazing. Hell, the fact you survived being trapped in something akin to a deep sea diving suit is very impressive to me! Plus you are incredibly polite and pleasant to be around (big plus right there :P) .

I have a lot of pictures of the costume but my camera refuses to cooperate and GIVE them to me (don't ask...I don't understand either....i need to visit a friend and have him figure this out). I will be sure to post the pics the moment I get the thing to work.

But I want to say meeting with you and many of the other Flagship Eclipse members was the highlight of my D*C experience.

Guest StungunMoy

Awww that put a big smile on my face :) Thank you! It was an extreme pleasure meeting you too. It was a great feeling having you come up to me and immediately recognize my character, introduce yourself, and have a great discussion. It was also great running into you periodically throughout the convention and seeing you in your wonderful costumes :) I was extremely giddy when I saw you in your Darth Maladi ;) Definitely one of my favorite Darth designs, and you fit the character perfectly. I do have to agree with you about meeting fellow flagship members, and how it was the highlight of the convention :) I definitely hope to see you next year!