• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Lumiya Reference Pictures

Guest Maia

This is a character from the Extended Universe who fist appeared in the old Marvel Comics series. I have considered trying to making the second version of her armour for myself, but I don't know when I will find the time to.

Lumiya started out as Shira Brie, an agent of Vader's. After her ship was shot down by Luke, she was turned into a cyborg, DV's female equivalent. Vader trained her in secret, eventually giving her to Palpatine to be one of the Emperor's Hands. She appears briefly in one of the post ROTJ novels, but I don't think her fate has been resolved. I haven't read the latest books she appears in yet.

Lumiya went through three sets of 'costume changes' in the comics. The first has her in armour reminiscent of DV's, the second is with a partially armoured body, the third is after Luke destroys her helmet and part of her body armour.

I've posted the best reference pictures I could find in the comics in the following posts. A problem with coming up with a definitive costume for Lumiya is that some of the details are inconsistent from one illistration to the next.

Maia

Lumiya, fully armoured. This version of her is shown in only one comic. Unfortunately the illistrations don't show her from every angle.

Lumiya_full_armour_5.jpg

Lumiya_full_armour_1.jpg

Lumiya_full_armour_3.jpg

Lumiya_full_armour_4.jpge304e444.jpg

The second version of Lumiya's armour. This is used in several of the comics. She has a chest box like Vader's but no real details are shown.

Lumiya_partial_armour_9.jpgLumiya_partial_armour_10.jpgLumiya_partial_armour_1.jpg

Lumiya_partial_armour_8.jpgLumiya_partial_armour_7.jpg

Lumiya_partial_armour_6.jpg

Lumiya_partial_armour_3.jpg

Lumiya_partial_armour_2.jpg

Guest Cleverlilminx

I love that fully armored look!

Too bad it seems to be a one time image.

Verison 2 looks good as well actually.

:D

I can't wait to hear if you have any ideas for the whip. :wink:

MaraJadeVsLumiyaFinal.jpg

I believe the above was rendered by Joe Corroney.

Lumiya.jpg

This image was rendered by Joe Corroney and links back to his gallery.

Lum1.gif

This image was one I used to validate the EU presence of red armoured Stormtroopers in the 501st. I believe the they are meant to be special armoured Imperial Guardsmen assigned to Dark Lady Lumiya.

I have the comic from which the very first scans in this thread are from. I would very much like to see more of issue concerning the red Stormtroopers.

Maia, I was pleasantly surprised the day that your Vader was presented for approval. Surprized because it was so easy to approve. You have done an excellent job with one of the Legion toughest costumes. It is good to see your interest in this unappreciated but fascinating character. Lumiya has perhaps the longest running story and most transformations of any SW EU character, and yet she is relatively unknown. I look forward to seeing this executed well.

Be well,

Thomas

I am not familiar with the particular comic that the images you posted are from. It isn't one of the old Marvel series - I have all of those. It must be from one of the newer Dark Horse ones, but I was sure I had a complete set of those, too. I will have to some serious digging to find out if those were from a RPG magazine or not. I know there was an article about Lumiya years ago in one of those. You have answered the question of where the images in Lumiya's starwars.com profile came from though.

I have a reasonably good start on the costume right now. Bodysuit is made, but the electronic 'components' need to go onto it. A couple of the guys over at the STT have offered to put together the helmet and 'hard parts' of the armour. The cloak is black (I have one which will work and it's not my DV cloak which is hemmed to fall properly for that costume), and the scarf she wraps around her head a dark charcoal even though it tends to be shown as blue or light grey. The boots and gloves are integrated with some more solid parts of the armour so those will be the challenging pieces to finish and have look good.

I came across the image below in one of the Art of Star Wars books. Not much detail in it, and it introduces yet another chest box variation.

Thanks for the compliments on my DV armour. It's gone through a few changes over the years - mostly tinkering because I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my own costumes.

Maia

Lumiya_new_picture_3.jpg

The high-res scans the comic images were cropped out of can will be accessible later today. My first attempt to upload them didn't work.

All are about 50MB or so. I don't know how long I can leave them up on the site, so it might be a good idea to grab them quickly if anyone wants them for future reference.

Maia

Guest Anonymous

I was wondering on the canon status of another image I'd seen around. I didn't see it in the gallery for Lumiya.

Its her main picture on the Wookieepedia, found here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Lumiya_EA.JPG

It says it comes from "Essential Atlas" Does anyone have a copy to confirm?

If it is canon, it does give a nice detailing on her shoulder armor as well as a glimpse into the structure of her helmet construction under the turban.

~Liz

Here is another I saw posted by a fellow in our garrison working on a Red- TK (magma trooper?) Though I'm not sure about its origins.

ResizeofLumiya_Galaxies_03_01-02_cr.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I want to say those red stormtroopers are known as "Lumiya's Troopers" in the Special Ops Detachment. I think this was the picture that the first guy to build a red stormtrooper used to prove they were canon. Now saying that, I've no idea where the picture came from. And also, I'd like to point out how ridiculous it is that Lumiya's Troopers are an accepted costume, but not yet Lumiya.

I want to say those red stormtroopers are known as "Lumiya's Troopers" in the Special Ops Detachment. I think this was the picture that the first guy to build a red stormtrooper used to prove they were canon. Now saying that, I've no idea where the picture came from. And also, I'd like to point out how ridiculous it is that Lumiya's Troopers are an accepted costume, but not yet Lumiya.

It's not ridiculous. The armor's been done, so it can be approved. Nobody has submitted an accurate and completed Lumiya costume yet, though. We cannot approve a costume that hasn't been built.

Pam :-)

Guest Daritha
I was wondering on the canon status of another image I'd seen around. I didn't see it in the gallery for Lumiya.

Its her main picture on the Wookieepedia, found here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Lumiya_EA.JPG

It says it comes from "Essential Atlas" Does anyone have a copy to confirm?

If it is canon, it does give a nice detailing on her shoulder armor as well as a glimpse into the structure of her helmet construction under the turban.

~Liz

It is a canon picture. The Essential Atlas shows Lumiya in the section about the "New Galactic Civil War" (otherwise known as Second Galactic Civil War or Confederation-Galactic Alliance War). There are separate pictures of the key players during the conflict.

Also, you have some pictures of Lumiya in "Jedi vs. Sith - The Essential Guide to the Force". One in which she fights with Luke on Terephon (see here) shows a good portion of her body and thus, her armor. Another one is from the "New Essential Chronology" and depicts her during the Nagai-Tof War (see here).

Guest Anonymous

It's not ridiculous. The armor's been done, so it can be approved. Nobody has submitted an accurate and completed Lumiya costume yet, though. We cannot approve a costume that hasn't been built.

Heh, it more my reaction to why has such an awesome character refered to as "The Dark Lady of the Sith" not been costumed when there are so few lady Sith to choose from in the first place?

~Liz

Guest Daritha

It might be because Lumiya isn't that popular (well-known) among the community. Even people who don't know a clue about the EU know Mara Jade or Asajj Ventress.

But I agree with you: Lumiya's a terrifying costume to make. 8)

Guest Anonymous
Nobody has submitted an accurate and completed Lumiya costume yet, though. We cannot approve a costume that hasn't been built.

I have someone who is applying with this costume.. so we will need to start working on a crl. I am going to start another thread showing my applicants costume so we can discuss it and work on a crl.

Willy.

Guest Aysel
Nobody has submitted an accurate and completed Lumiya costume yet, though. We cannot approve a costume that hasn't been built.

I have someone who is applying with this costume.. so we will need to start working on a crl. I am going to start another thread showing my applicants costume so we can discuss it and work on a crl.

Willy.

check out her thread here viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2277&view=unread#unread and you'll see the discussion that's already in progress ^_^

^_^ Katie