• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

COTF Work in Progress

cooldevo

8 hours ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

Your last couple posts the photos aren't showing up.

Thanks for that, they should be fixed now. I guess posting them in Tapatalk didn't work as well as from my desktop.

Mask and hood arrived, and they look fantastic. Picking up the belt tomorrow (Saturday 4 March) and then it'll be up to the seamstress to work her magic. Unfortunately she is booked until 20 March so I'll be waiting for a bit to get this started.

h8pyktleVWo1y5EEa4fDnTGrHvuR48nYY2JibmdT

Fc0-F0mMc8dSI6yU4x1xkE2RrnN_8oHpHV8_usFS

xZNv6WFOgk_KX_u42ibdeSZCxw6x7A5ZPR45jdV4

Edited by cooldevo
fixed two broken images

And the hood was sanded a bit and now being painted flat black.

k67_CPEtbQhDdJNWzxChhLVev7VtS_joV7aSnEBU

And here it is mostly dry after the first coat. I think it may be enough with one as just need to darken it up to not show through the fabric. Will look at it again once it fully cures.

k7qVjamVUtvu_FUnSI6v0HCXV9UWNzZS79M11bHk

Edited by cooldevo
added updated curing picture

Lastly, may not be able to tell the difference from the glove photo above, and the one in this post, but I gave them a couple of coats of neatsfoot oil and they really loosened up. They have got a nice worn and broken in feel now.

CdAF__9LNfgOL60-MDWzvGpnvKp5SOF7AKpJQLAN

My seamstress is still working hard and I'll be going for a first fitting shortly. She has relocated to a new place of work which has slowed things down.

In the meantime I've tweaked the code for my Raspberry Pi and it's working beautifully so far. I just have to integrate the switch I got to the GPIO connector and I'll have a working demo. I categorized the sound clips by the legnth of the clip: short (under 4 seconds), medium (4-7 seconds) and long (8+ seconds). If I press it once, it plays a short clip, if I press it twice it plays a medium clip, if pressed three times it players a long clip.

Aside from that, just in a holding patter as per my first sentence.

Things have gone idle a bit. The seamstress has a delay with moving and I had little time to spare this spring/summer. Now that life is mostly back to normal I hope to continue work in earnest on this one over the next few months.

Well, yet again, life has gotten in the way. I'm still working with the seamstress, and should have the first fitting soon.

As an aside, I've not had a lot of luck finding a lightsaber that should work that is not $300+. Anyone found any decent sources for a weathered basic hilt that would work? I've got my Vader hilt, and I'm sure most would not notice, but I know it'll bother me.

It's in a different thread, but I wanted to record here my Raspberry Pi setup for the voice. I haven't had a chance to play with the multi-push yet, but I do have the button, so it should be a matter of time before I get it wired up and tested.