• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Bogan Starkiller Hoth Armor WIP

Bogan

Next Step:

-Waiting on the Jacket.

-Wires for the Gloves and Armes

- Metal and Magnet Installation on the Vest.

- Lights on the Backpack and Armor

-Finishing the Boots with Strapes and Armor Heel.

Also notice the red triangle, and the difference between yours and the reference. Reference having a flat top, and yours having a pointed peak.

Also some other differences that are noticable.

52 minutes ago, Yankee71 said:

Also notice the red triangle, and the difference between yours and the reference. Reference having a flat top, and yours having a pointed peak.

Also some other differences that are noticable.

i know...

Like i said. It is the first Version.

There is also Room for Development. Iam quit happy for my first selfmade Armor.

And i guess i will the first One with accurat Boots ;) or at least close.

Just note a few things:

1. I am the only person with an approved starkiller hoth replying to your WIP.

2. I am also the Detachment XO.

3. I have to give honest assessments in what I see, or people will misquote me.

Everyone else can praise your work as being great, and it may give you a false sense of achievement. I don't want to set anyone up for failure, so I give accurate feedback, and I am looking for things that are wrong to comment on. If it looks correct, then I wont say anything, as I am looking for things that would cause your costume to not be approved. Your trophy lightsabers as an example, they look great, so I am guessing I didn't say much about them. Telling someone how great their work is, is not why I comment to WIP threads; I comment to inform people, what isn't looking correct for approval purposes. For your 1st attempt at making armor, its really good, but I cant say its really good, as then people will misquote me and say the Detachment XO said it was really good. So I have to note the things that I see wrong with it.

If you don't want me to comment on your WIP, I can stop posting comments, and wait to see if your GML asks for Detachment Opinions when you submit your approval pics. Then give an honest assessment to your GML.

When you say "But it will work for basic approval." I would not be so sure, but that is the call of your GML, and if your GML has questions, and post them for comments, who do you think will be replying to your GML about starkiller Hoth costumes? Me, and that is why I try to give honest feedback, and not tell people their work is great, when I can see things that should be corrected, before the costume gets approval.

iam sorry if you get somthing wrong or i said somthing wrong. ;)

Of Course iam happy that you make Comments here. If not i would update my WIP or even would be happy that People do that on my other 3 WIP Treads in other Forums.

Since i started this Project you were a great Help and i would not have made it to this Point in 5 Months without your Help.

Iam just happy how the Armor went out. Not only its Starkiller. It is just my first selfmade Costume and it was great to wear it this Weekend.

Iam aware of those correction Points, thats why it was a Test wearing and i will improve a lot of Things in the next Weeks.

Basic Approval means for me that i have the right Jacket, fixing the Vest ,install the Lights and i finished the Boots. ( JUst CRL conform)

Its far from what i excpeted to be accurat. Otherwise i would not work on my Vader since 5 Years ( and 2 after Approval)

I think thats the most important Part. A lot of People had their Costume approved and stopped working on theme.

And thats absolutly not my Goal.

Again.. Thx for your Support and it was never a Motiv to offend you or some one.

Edited by Bogan

All good. Some people are easily offended by my comments, so i just like to remind people that my comments are not meant to make you feel good, but to help you get approved the 1st time around.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yankee71 said:

All good. Some people are easily offended by my comments, so i just like to remind people that my comments are not meant to make you feel good, but to help you get approved the 1st time around.

Highly Appreachiated :D

Extended the Leather Wrapping to 4 Hilt Rings shown.

(CRL says 7 Rings, but its clearly 4 on Reference Pictures)

97o9frY.jpg

5AigRkG.png  tGWURaC.png  p7nQPgf.png

Edited by Bogan

On 7/23/2018 at 1:04 AM, Yankee71 said:

Really coming together nicely.  Once its finished and approved, maybe next year you can bring it to Legoland Germany.

I will for shure ;)

1 hour ago, btabc said:

If you don't mind me asking, what did you do for your cords?  How are they attached?

i just glued the Cords on the Boots and covert them with Fabric and sewed over it :)

16 hours ago, Bogan said:

i just glued the Cords on the Boots and covert them with Fabric and sewed over it :)

Ah ok! 

Have you gotten to the cables on the arms yet?  Also... who is "CP"?

Edited by btabc

1 hour ago, btabc said:

Ah ok! 

Have you gotten to the cables on the arms yet?  Also... who is "CP"?

i just have the Material. I wait till i finished the V2 of the Backplate and the Boots