• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Looking for ideas for my first costume

Unikatze

Hi Guys, 

I'm trying to get into the 501st Arctic Outpost, and I've narrowed down a few costumes I'm interested in and would like ideas on where to start looking. 
These are:

Sith Acolyte
Darth Revan
Darth Nihilus
Imperial Knight
Dark Stalker

I'd really like the Imperial Knight, but can't find much info on it compared to the others. 
So far I'm leaning towards Darth Nihilus because it may be the easiest and most cost effective for a first time costumer. 
I looked at My Wicked Armor and theirs is pretty great, but I'd also like looking at other options. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Like 1

The more popular (more often made) the easier it will be to find sources.

Darth Revan
Darth Nihilus

Are some of our most popular costumes in this detachment. 

Darth Nihilus is probably the most cost effective costume you can make as part of this detachment.

We have quite a few Imperial Knights, you would have to look around and find sources for that costume, or maybe someone will reply to you here with some helpful information.

36 minutes ago, Yankee71 said:

The more popular (more often made) the easier it will be to find sources.

Darth Revan
Darth Nihilus

Are some of our most popular costumes in this detachment. 

Darth Nihilus is probably the most cost effective costume you can make as part of this detachment.

We have quite a few Imperial Knights, you would have to look around and find sources for that costume, or maybe someone will reply to you here with some helpful information.

Thanks!

That was my reasoning behind going for Nihilus. I can pretty much get the complete outfit directly from MWA, but I'm still looking at other options in case I'm swayed. 

Which nihilus are you going to go with?? Check the CRL because the COTF Nihilus needs to have two tunics. MWA one only comes with one. He will make a second one with no issue but of course you have to pay for it. Its the one I have and out of the box needed no tweaking just the belt, boots, gloves and balaclava.

I do suggest if you go with MWA by a black out face ( the spandex type), The plastic piece he sells is ok to see out of but sometimes if can be a pain and the hole need to be opened up a bit more for breathing.

Let me/us know if you have any questions.

On 11/21/2017 at 3:30 AM, Gigglesdatropper said:

Which nihilus are you going to go with?? Check the CRL because the COTF Nihilus needs to have two tunics. MWA one only comes with one. He will make a second one with no issue but of course you have to pay for it. Its the one I have and out of the box needed no tweaking just the belt, boots, gloves and balaclava.

I do suggest if you go with MWA by a black out face ( the spandex type), The plastic piece he sells is ok to see out of but sometimes if can be a pain and the hole need to be opened up a bit more for breathing.

Let me/us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the pointer. I was looking at the two versions of Nihilus on the CRL and honestly can't even tell the difference except for the COTF version having a lot more stuff to it. Even in the mask, where it say "KOTOR II mask is not acceptable with this version", it uses the exact same stock photo. 

1 hour ago, Unikatze said:

I was looking at the two versions of Nihilus on the CRL and honestly can't even tell the difference except for the COTF version having a lot more stuff to it. Even in the mask, where it say "KOTOR II mask is not acceptable with this version", it uses the exact same stock photo. 

The CRL is Wrong!  One the mask has features like bone structure, the other is straight flat with no structure.  It is on the list of CRLs to be fixed, but they have not gotten to it yet.

So the current picture, is that one for KOTOR II or for COTF?

5 minutes ago, Yankee71 said:

The CRL is Wrong!  One the mask has features like bone structure, the other is straight flat with no structure.  It is on the list of CRLs to be fixed, but they have not gotten to it yet.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:14 PM, Unikatze said:

Oh, and what lightsaber did you use? 

I have a generic one from a guy in Taiwan and its super bright but no where near the right one. You can find people who can make an exact replica but you will pay a ton for it. Most gml's or garrisons wont mind if you don't have the exact right one since its not required to get approved. If you want to get 100% accurate then buy all means have at it.

As far as fabric mines like duck cloth but I cant remember the exact name.