• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Tulak Hord Character Research

Tulak Hord

It's hard to gauge proportions with what you have pictured. I would say spot-attach the helmet and take full-body front and sides photos, then I can really gauge the proportions. 

In terms of details, they look crisp and such, but based on the legacy armor screenshot I am seeing some differences in the nose bridge and a lack of the indented square areas on the mouth section that are on your print. easy enough to fill, but watch out for little details like that.

Otherwise, it is looking good.

I am VERY interested in doing this build/costume and seeing how we can go about getting it approved.  What resources are you using?  I did find and talk with Ruthlessfx a bit and found 3D drawings on D03D.com.  Is that where you got your plans?  What are you using to 3D print?

Thanks!

Fantastic news!  Great to hear.  I'm thinking about getting the models and the ruthlessfx helm just for a good starting point.  The rest of the armor I think I'll mold with foam and clay based on some other cosplay posts I've read.  I don't have a 3D printer nearly big enough to do it myself unless I could commission you to do it ^^

That's what I'm looking forward to most, getting it official and a CRL written up.

I'm on FB, lookup argonvesher@yahoo.com or Jonathan Wagner in Pittsburgh.  Pics are good and for the fabric pieces like the cape and body suit, where you found those will be extremely helpful.

Thanks man!