• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Komari Vosa

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey all. my name is Stephanie :)

i'm new to the 501st, and was thinking of trying to do Komari Vosa as my costume (listed as a Dark Jedi), but i can't find a clear enough image of her to use as a reference, or find her on an 501st approved list.

Also, i don't know how to get started, or to start looking for pieces of costumes :oops:

Any help would be really appreciated :)

Thank You :) :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To start in order for the costume to be approved for the 501st there must be 3 sources for it, movies, comics, action figures, etc, and the need to be a villain.

Next I'd probably post your reference images and ask specific questions, that helped me with mine. Good luck.

Guest Anonymous

i found the information on Komari Vosa here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Komari_Vosa

She has appeared in:

Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (DataBank) (Mentioned only)

Jango Fett: Open Seasons 3 (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))

Jango Fett: Open Seasons 4 (Appears in flashback(s))

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

Plus she has action figures as well, but i cannot find a picture in which i can see her outfit, or details of it, clearly. A lot of it is either fan art at odd angles, undetailed action-figures, or low lighting pictures.

I have been waiting for a dedicated costumer to pick up this torch.

You'll have quite of bit of facial and arm scarring to approximate this creature correctly. I'll suggest using a collodion as I have seen it put to grand effect for Dengar costumes in the Legion.

This is a serious character requiring serious consideration. I'll be watching this thread for serious effort. I'll have something more to contribute to the topic at that point.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Daritha

My respect Stephanie for pick up such costume.

komari_vosa.jpg

The good point: Its a wonderful costume to make (and wonderful for many males to stare ... but thats another story ^^).

The bad point: The costume must be done from the scratch. Theres no category, there no Standards, and no one so far here who made (or even think about) it before.

But be sure that you will find much support here for Komari Vosa - at least from me since its an adorable costume you want to make (but I really really REALLY doubt that I will be the only volunteer to help ^^).

So far the Wookieepedia offers some pictures in her gallery (link). There (link) is also a high-res picture of her. Wizards.com does his part with a Miniature and the above mentioned action figure from another company (can't find the name):

komari_vosa.jpg

custom003.jpg

Guest Anonymous

hey all. thanks so much for the support :D:D

at the moment i'm trying to find somewhere i can get her lightsabers. they are asajj ventress' ones. i know that many people buy handles and adjust them, but i'm not really good at doing things like that :oops: i've found UltraSabres, but i would like to compare different styles and prices, see what i can find.

The Ultra Sabers with the curved hilts, and Tempest that can join together are great in low light, just keep in mind the hilts themselves are rather plain, just painted pvc pipe.

This was from a Relay for Life event we did on Friday:

AsajjFriend.jpg

Guest Sakara

OOH Komari, loved that characters's look for ages, but unless you have her short spiky silver white hair its harder to fake it than a baldcap lol....

Id consider it...since im planning to retire my Asajj...since her sabers are the same (Dooku having given Komari's to Asajj)

Guest Anonymous

i just thought. When i complete the costume, would i be able to become a member of the 501st? How would i be able to get the costume approved?

Also, does anyone know where i could get good quality wigs in Australia? If i can't get one the exact length of the hair i need, i know someone who would be able to cut/style it for me.

i just thought. When i complete the costume, would i be able to become a member of the 501st? How would i be able to get the costume approved?

In my opinion (i don't count for official stuffs), the references are there....we have video game, art, mini, etc. So from that point, I **think** you're covered. The rest is pretty much make a spot-on, detail-for-detail representation of the character, then Thomas (LMO) will chime in on the readiness to approach council or whatever (i actually dunno the process, just presuming).

Expect high level of critique, but out of nothing but us wanting you to present the best. Mr. Peck got critiqued up & down, revisions made, and after all the hard work, adjustments, etc....we have an approved Starkiller...so it's definitely achievable. Know that hair, scarring (Thomas gave good recommendation earlier in thread), and everything else shy of contacts (health implications) need to match as well.

I'd be pretty stoked to see this come to fruition too.

Guest Sakara

you might be able to modify a cosplay wig..use builder calk to spike up the hair carefully so as not to show the wefts underneath.

this was the idea i had thought of doing...

Ichigo Silver-White Wig

Layered Silver-Grey Wig

Spiky, Layered White Wig

Silver Spike Gothic Wig

White Spike, Short, Punk, 80s Wig

Bleach, Genuine Silver Wig

Short, Choppy, Layered White Wig

MH edit - made clickable links so the page wouldn't have to be scrolled horizontally to see. All links are functional, just click the underlined.

Guest Sakara

yeah see the problem i see is hiding your own hair convincingly under the wig...the action figure has the most doable of hairstyles if you want to go the wig route as their hair that covers around the ears and back of neck....where as the artwork and mini have short short spiked up hair.

thanks for editing those links ..didnt realise lol

Unfortunately, you can toss the action figure out the window as a reference. It's a custom piece done as a fan's interpretation. (kinda cool, the guy did a whole series of figs for Bounty Hunter, including customized card backs)

Unfortunately, you can toss the action figure out the window as a reference. It's a custom piece done as a fan's interpretation. (kinda cool, the guy did a whole series of figs for Bounty Hunter, including customized card backs)

If it was fan-only, why would Wizards have it on their site?

They even have her listed in their errata:

Bounty Hunters Booster Pack

Komari Vosa (Fringe, 39/60)

Add the following:

Melee Attack

The miniature from Wizards is a legitimate reference:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=st ... iniserrata

The action figure, however, is a custom fan-made modification of another action figure. It does not count as an approved reference.

http://www.toycutter.com/2008/06/action ... -wars.html

This character has a listing in the StarWars.com databank, which can also provide reference:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/charac ... index.html

Pam :-)

Guest Daritha

Screenshots are not the problem I think, there enough of them in this thread. The game itself is still available. Amazon, for example, got some of them in stock.

And: An action figure is not a miniature. ^^ A miniature is like a mini doll while an action figure is ... uhm, well ... an action figure. Understand? *g*

Ok, now that ive practically sold my Asajj costume , apart from the sabers i feel its time to really reasearch Komari as a possible replacement.

Whats great is her costume would also work fantastically at goth events as a clubbing outfit! so id get quite a bit of wear out of it lol! :lol::lol:

i believe we do have 3 references to go ahead and make a section for her?

Ok, now that ive practically sold my Asajj costume , apart from the sabers i feel its time to really reasearch Komari as a possible replacement.

Whats great is her costume would also work fantastically at goth events as a clubbing outfit! so id get quite a bit of wear out of it lol! :lol::lol:

i believe we do have 3 references to go ahead and make a section for her?

Done!

I think I just uploaded the last of my special references. I'll need admin to verify the success of that and display the images if this worked.

I have been holding on to these, waiting for someone who might do the project justice.

Be well,

Thomas

I think I just uploaded the last of my special references. I'll need admin to verify the success of that and display the images if this worked.

I have been holding on to these, waiting for someone who might do the project justice.

Be well,

Thomas

Done.

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/galle ... p?album=58

already noticed a slight difference in her top between 2 of the illustrations....lol..one has a top that barely covers the breast and has no back - just straps..the other image shows only the front, but covers her front completly and cut wise would insinuate that her back is covered somewhat as well...

Seeing as i have a rather large tattoo on my upper back between my shoulders, the second style would be preferable :lol:

does anyone have the wizard miniature...that they could photo the back?

also any good screencaps showing the back?