• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Standards Discussion - Sith Stalker

Twi'lek Pam

While the Sith Stalker costume is NOT an approved 501st costume, there are several costumers who are working on this costume with the hope of getting it approved in the future. In order to help with that endeavor, we can start working on standards. While at this point the discussion would serve only as a guide for those who are working on the costumes, it could in time become used as legion standards if the Sith Stalker becomes a 501st approved costume. For those who are wondering, the costume will not be considered for 501st acceptance until someone can present a complete, well-made costume for LMO consideration.

scan.jpg

A Sith Stalker Costume Must Have

(These costume elements are required.)

A Sith Stalker Costume Should Have:

(These costume elements are highly recommended, but are not required.)

A Sith Stalker Costume May Have:

(These costume elements are optional, but they can really make a costume stand out!)

Here is some of my input, I'm not going to go into agonizing detail about each piece.

Must Haves:

1. Helmet :

-A Thin T shaped visor, with a Boussh esk mouth (metal colored, metal colored layered circular disk over the sides of the head. The face and the head should be an army olive color with two vertical white lines that come to small triangles above the eyes (the don't go across the whole visor)

2. A ribbed Neckseal

3. Shoulder armor with a raised lip (not sure how to phrase that). Dull metal look.

4. Upper Arm armor (must be layered, or strips), Dull metal look

5. Rib Armor that curves towards head into a point (must have the same layered look as the Upper arm armor), Dull metal look

*NOTE: none of the armor of helmet pieces should have the pristine just out of the box look

6. A flak Vest (black), the Vest must have a vertical seam down the front middle and a horizontal seam midway down the front. The front of the vest should end just below the pectorals or at the bottom of the sternum. The back of the vest should be no lower than the shoulder blades.

7. Two black vertical strips weaved in and out of the armor and go down the back.

8. In between the two strips on the back is the black Corset thing (not sure what to call it) it should have a pouch and a U - shaped pieces coming from the neck going over the flak vest. It should have three pouches coming from the waist. ( No Gaps in the belt)

9. A black strip belt which should begin where the flak vest ends, and go to the waist.

10. Black Webbed belt (5 pieces) with are interconnected and riveted in the front, but should come together at the hips.

11. The Black Skirt should be in 4 pieces and should be worn at the hips underneath the solid belts. (Width and length of each panel will depend on the wearer) All for pieces have a dark seam (recommend bias tape) around them. The sides and back panels have a tribal design in the same gun metal color as the 'seam'. This should be made from a bit heavier material, so there is some weight, but not so heavy that it doesn't flow.

-the back panel is just off the ground (1/2 - 1 inch) and should cover from inside of the hip bone to the inside of the other hip bone

-the side panels should be no more than 1/2 in to 1 inch shorter than the back panel

-front panel should come below the knees but no lower than mid shin

12. Black pants

13. Boots that go up to just below the knees

14. Foot plate (much like Jango's)

15. Finger blades on all fingers (not the thumbs)

16. Right bionic or Robot arm. This arm has torn flesh over a bionic arm and hand. (how much of the bionics showing depends on the reference pic)

17. Not sure what the stance is on lightsabers, do costumes need to have weapons to be approved? If so here: Two lightsabers attached on the lower back, two attached on the left hip one more towards the front, one more towards the back. The right Hip has two hilts one store horizontally the other being the hilt or light saber the Stalker uses

18. A wire pony tail coming from the back of the helmet

Sith Stalker Should Have

(The lightsabers can go in this section as well.)

-The back lightsabers should be a half darth maul and ANH Vader, I can't get a good enough pic of the other sabers to give details.

-An LED on the back of the flack vest just below the neck.

-Red Tattoo under his right bicep armor pieces

Not sure what to put for the recommended section, and I probably forgot a great many things but it is a start.

Guest IC-7989

Although this will be a bit random, this is what I got from what I was looking at today via the game (if any of this is a dup from Monty's post I apologize):

Boots: Knee high black w/ a gloss polish, the armored plate only seems to cover the top of the foot, and it appears that the top of the boot around the calf is a number of layers of leather, almost like a long strap of leather has been wrapped around the top of the boot a number of times. The plate on the boot also appears to be black, or is it just me?

Pants- typical jedi style pants in black, I'm thinking of using this pattern from simplicity: http://www.simplicity.com/dv1_v4.cfm?design=5840

I also noticed today that on the thigh's he has black armored plates. It is a long plate with a short segmented end. Best way to see it in the game is to assume the guard stance so his skirt falls out of the way. I was thinking a lightweight leather, or possibly an ABS plastic.

Lightsabers: Vader's, 1/2 Maul's, Kota's, Apprentice saber (used through game), new Stalker saber, one unidentified. The unidentified one does not appear to be Shaak Ti's, I almost wonder if it is something other than a saber...looks rather large and clunky.

Body: Looks like there are multiple layers. I am starting with a 3mm dive suit and cutting the square section out of the middle of the back. Putting in a second zipper above the cut out section and modding the original zipper to stop at the bottom of the cut out section. It looks like metal rings much like rappelling rings run along the sides and lacing is run through them, need to go back and count how many per side. Lacing starts at the bottom and criss-crosses up the top and comes out through a black eyelet on a hanging piece from the shoulders. Putting multiple leather layers on top...this part is hard to explain. I'll go more into this later...so much to process and I havent delved that deeply into the upper layers yet.

Braid on helmet: Assuming this is Juno's hair? Is this a straight lock or braided? Needs to be wrapped (in leather possibly) the majority of its length with minimal hair showing.

Skirt: To me this seems to always be relatively shiny, I am thinking a heavy satin to give it drape. It seems to be bordered by a duller black material. Possibly go with a medium or lightweight satin and border it with a matte vinyl or leather. Is this two sided or is it just slightly transparent through the back that you can see the faint patterning. For the faint pattern I was thinking of painting on a VERY thinned out layer of grey ink. This will take some experimentation.

Finger blades (left hand): Does anyone remember those old letter openers that was a metal ring with a small crescent shapped blade? If they still sell those, I was thinking of tracking a few down, drilling out the rivet, and replacing the blades with custome ones.

The rib armor looks like there is blood covering the tips near the Stalker's chin.

If you want a good look at the tattoo, the cybernetic stalker costume that came with the jedi temple download (360 at least) shows the full tattoo without the arm plates in the way (what organs are in those jars anyways?).

I unfortunately have to disagree with Monty though, I think the thumbs do have blades, but in the cut scene after the apprentice defeats his darker self in the temple you see a first person shot looking at the left hand and there was no blade on the ring finger. I could be wrong though, I'll have to double check.

The LED on the back has a series of numbers, I'll have to look again to see what it says.

Cybernetic Arm: I'm thinking of basing it on the C-3PO arm but much more form fitting that have been helpful. I'd greatly welcome other's input on the arm. There are some links to be found regarding the 3PO arm on the rebel legion forums. Add the Grevious blade, bladed fingers, etc. For the shredded skin covering parts of the cybernetic arm itself (down along the wrist and hand) I was thinking dragon skin? Latex could be used to go between the actual wearer's arm and the beginning of the metal arm. Would be hard to get the reduction of size between the forearm and the cybernetic arm without doing a full prosthetic sleeve that starts at the shoulder I'd say.

Thats all for now, more later!

Guest IC-7989

Also, thanks to Pam for the awesome website regarding body paint and prosthetics, I think I may test out the grey for the stalker's arms and my girlfriend wants to try using Reel's for her Shaak Ti costume. So what I have to ask next is how far does the Reel's paint go? Especially given the small quantities that it is sold in. I'll also have to test to see how thick it comes out on the skin and see if it can be thinned out at all so that the skin is still a greyish color, but the natural veins can still show through since the pics of the stalker show a lot of dark veins.

Guest IC-7989

If anyone can give me some advice regarding boots, when it comes to something like the soles of the boots, what kind of accuracy are we looking for? I've got a couple of options for knee high boots that I'm looking at. On one hand I've seen some Renn styled boots with the low profile smooth soles, but i'm reluctant to pick them up since they seem to typically slouch and quite often they dont hold together all too well in the long run (especially when it comes to stage fighting). In the other hand I've been looking at some knee high motorcycle boots which are rigid and stand alone but have a more modern style textured boot sole. How big of an issue does everyone think this could cause as far as accuracy goes?

Guest IC-7989

Ah haaaa, found the answer to my own question...found some good equestrian boots that are everything I need: rigid and freestanding, knee high, and they have the low profile heel.

Guest IC-7989

Looking for insight on the lightsabers on the belt here. All of the lightsabers are accounted for except the one on the right hip behind the Stalker's new saber. I couldnt figure this one out but after reading the novel, could this be the end of Kazdan Paratus' light pike?

Guest braea_kast

I can help with this. All of the lightsabers are listed and vividly shown in "The Art of The Force Unleashed" book. I will have a gallery of pics very soon...

Thanks,

Melanie

Guest IC-7989

Opinions please: Given the new content that is being released with the Unlimited Sith Edition. Would it be considered appropriate that ANH Obi Wan's and ESB Luke's lightsabers be added to the stalker's belt?

Guest Daritha

Isn't that one not another character? The Sith Edition Starkiller is Lord Starkiller while the Stalker is just shown in the dark side ending of TFU (or some visions in the novel). There's also some differences between the two, e.g. the helmet and the armor.

Guest IC-7989

I guess the way that I view it is that the Stalker outfit is the standard everyday wear, and the brown Tuskan style clothing and the heavy gear on Hoth are just outfits designed for disguise/environment.

Guest DarthSisk

I feel I should mention that the Dark Side ending Starkiller does not have his lightsaber belt, where as in the Ultimate Sith Apprentice, he has the 7 lightsabers "trophy" belt (Obi-Wan, Luke, Kazdan Paratus', Darth Maul's battle-damaged, Rahm Kota, Vader, and Shaak Ti lightsaber hilts) Also, with the Ultimate Apprentice, he appears to have tubes connected to his prosthetic arm (in functionality terms, to feed his prosthetic arm with sustaining fluids, or something of the like) I just felt that should be mentioned, as I'm not sure if the different lightsabers had been discussed concretely, or not. :):) I have been doing some research on this character, as I will be pursuing the Ultimate Sith Apprentice version. Which, basically, given these two differences is just slightly varied.

Guest Daritha

He's the Ultimate Apprentice. *giggle* ^^

It seems that the two costumes - Dark Side Ending Sith Stalker and Ultimate Sith Edition Lord Starkiller - are same costume just as variations. I s'pose we could put them in a row with the Stormtroopers (ANH-RotJ) and Vaders (RotS-RotJ). That should be sufficient.

[...] he has the 7 lightsabers "trophy" belt (Obi-Wan, Luke, Kazdan Paratus', Darth Maul's battle-damaged, Rahm Kota, Vader, and Shaak Ti lightsaber hilts)
I don't think that's mentioned. And thank you very much for the list of the former lightsaber owners.

I'm curious: Can Starkiller use these sabers or are they "just hanging" at his belt without function for the game?

Guest DarthSisk

I'm sure if he needed to, he could probably use them. But, he doesn't seem to in the game. He always uses his TFU saber with the 3 extended blades. They appear to just be ornamental trophies.

Guest DarthSisk

The different version idea sounds good.

DSE-(Dark Side Ending) Sith Apprentice

USE-(Ultimate Sith Edition) Sith Apprentice

Guest DarthSisk

It has just come to my attention, that in the picture at the top of this page, it should probably be considered as a varied representation. From what I have seen of the video game, the claws are on both hands, and all fingers, except the "ring" finger. That is the case for both the "DSE" and "USE" versions.

Guest Daritha

Yeah, we should get some real photage from Starkiller. These sketches are inaccurate since the designing process often includes minor to major changes in the outfit of the character.

Guest IC-7989
Can Starkiller use these sabers or are they "just hanging" at his belt without function for the game?

In the book during his vision as the Stalker he used all of them in combat...not sure if that helps or not.

Guest DarthSisk

Those are great pics. I need to figure out something for the back. I'm still slightly stumped on that part. Any suggestions?

I had a hard time with the back as well, to be quite honest is far from correct. I folded faux leather into pouches and snapped them down. The center piece I used the gentle giant bust and so it looks alot like a corset. It ended up being way to big, so I have re-size it. Here's a pic

IMG_1091.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Hi this is what ive been working on . The tattoo was just a very loosely done. and working on some mods for the arm.

sany0591g.jpg

It seems strange to be discussing standards for a character that is not approved for Legion membership. Several years ago, the all white Infinities Darth Vader was deferred from the Legion roster because the character was from the alternate expanded universe. The "Sith Stalker" is in exactly the same category.

I am up to revisit this discussion. SInce the initial ruling, the 501st costume acceptance definition has grown. For instance, the Legion roster now includes costumes based on stylized animations. I think a well made costume of such a popular alternate universe character would argue strongly in favour considering Alternate Universe characters. But first things first.

As with Darth Revan and Darth Nihilus it has now becoming patently easy to buy descent "Sith Stalker" armour parts. An issue occurs when the costumer is faced with making the rest of the costume.

The cloth parts must match the references in cut, quality, patterning, and material.

The pressure hoses from the back of the helmet to the chest will be needed.

The skin must be fully painted, and then detailed with gangrenous molting about the finger tips and dead veins.

The right arm prosthetic is REQUIRED. This includes the android tip ring finger. the top reveal android fingers, and hand back, the blackened muscle tissue, and robotic radius and ulna. And the circulation tubes to the upper arm.

For 501st acceptance, the entire costume must be movie quality. Please avoid short cuts. I have now deferred two submissions where instead of costuming, the applicant has used digital photo manipulation to reproduce skin effects. That is fine for personal use, but not acceptable for Legion application.

ultimate_evil_screengrab_BUST.jpg

Please note this is a production image. The final sabre configuration on The Ultimate Evil's belt is as in the screen captures from the xbox 360/ PS 3 games.

I have this image at much greater resolution, but my free account will not allow it at full size. I will forward the full resolution image to TFE Detachment Gallery later.

UEarm_tattoo_display.jpg

The tattoo detail and skirt pattern are the same. While these are visible on the screen shots, this image makes identification clear.

Be well,

Thomas

Bounty Hunter You've done a GREAT JOB so far. THis is a very difficult costume. There are so many pieces, I've all but given up on mine. I get it out to work on it and it pisses me off so back it goes. I can't wait to see further pics