• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Bane

Good answer: there is a CRL, "Clone Emperor", it is just empty!

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_clone_emperor

There is 1 person, with 1 Version, of the many different looks of Darth Bane, in the entire 501st that I am aware of.  

If he is willing to share pics and a write up, we would be more than happy to add them to the CRL.

With out him sharing pics and info, it makes it a bit difficult to finish the CRL.

We have asked, as of yet, no reply.

If you were planning on making the same version or a different look of Darth Bane, we would be glad to get your pics and suggested write up of said character.

We try and work with people making new costumes to the Flagship Eclipse Detachment, so there is a CRL for the next person.  

If no one has made the version of the costume you are looking for yet, there could be several reasons why.

You are welcome to make a version of Darth Bane, and then sharing pics, so we can make a completed CRL.

so how would I go about making a costume that could meet legion or detachment standards to become official?? obviously it will need top be good quality but would I need to find resources to site?? I have a few ideas how to do it however XD

Find official Star Wars reference material, 360° view of the costume you are interested in making, can be from several different official star wars sources, nothing from FAN Made stuff or fan made costumes, must be official Star Wars references, ie Star Wars comic books, books, book covers, posters.

What you make, needs to look just like the reference materials you used.  We will need to see what you used as reference materials, to verify that it is official Star Wars references and not something FAN MADE, and to verify that what you made is in fact, just like the reference material used.

Then if its something no one else has ever made before, and it passes quality standards, you will be a Detachment 1st for said costume, and a CRL will be made for the costume with your pics as reference material for the CRL that will then help the next person interested in making the same costume, so others may benefit from your research and work in creating a new Costume to the Detachment.

New Costume to the Detachment usually means that there is no one out there that is making the items you need, so you will have to be multi talented in working with several different types of materials for armor, leather, cloth, etc. and fabricate everything yourself. Not the easiest thing for your 1st costume if you are brand new to the Hobby.  Price can also get up there, depending on materials used, and how many tries it takes you to get the look right.

Have fun, but realize it could be a long expensive road set before you.

• Like 1

To elaborate on the XO's great detail on references, so long as it has shown up in SOMETHING that was given the thumbs up by Star Wars and LFL, it will work, and so long as the combined references for the version of the costume you want to build are the same, and can all add up to an entire 360 degree view. That means if you use a comic that shows the front details and you find a sketch by an officially released artist that shows back details of the SAME version of the costume, you can piece them together to form one 360 reference. This is only applicable is the versions are the same and details that are present on both match up.

Also, the references can not be of a costume or character that is personalized in a video game. That means that Revan, as a stock playable character with a stock Dark Side armor set, is fine for approval, but my Togruta Sith Inquisitor that is in a customized outfit IS NOT eligible for approval. Now, if I make a stock Inquisitor armor set that matches one of the sets in game, with NO changes or customization to it, then it should be eligible as "Togruta Sith Inquisitor" is a stock NPC form in the game.

That is the difficult part of older characters, because they rarely ever have full 360 degree references to support approval of the costume, BUT, I will say that you should never let the lack of official references limit you making the costume, whether it can be approved for the 501st or not.

• Like 1

besides vader, Bane is my favorite sith character XD iv found a few screen shots of a comic with him in and and a toy version that has a 360 but the problem is im not sure yet if that toy/ comic are official XP and also the toy version has very little specific detail on his orbalisk armour :P so I have a great front shot from the comic but the reference that has a back shot lacks details XD thank you for being so helpful btw!! would this also be something I should get my garrison in on as well?? I already have an officer approved iv just been looking for a second costume

I already have an officer approved iv just been looking for a second costume

Then you should list your TK number in your profile and request 501st member status in the post at the top of the page with a link to your profile.

If you go to the Clone Wars section of Starwars.com, go to the Lost Missions episode section, find the one with toad and the whils that episode has Darth Bane in it. Remember he was voiced by Mark Hamil himself. If you go to the concept art section there is the 360 model of the Darth Bane there. I have it copied but it's on my computer at home and I am on my phone currently. If it's not posted here by the time I get how I'll post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i personally don't like that version of bane >.> im doing his awesome looking orbalisk armor version!

Talk to Thomas Spanos, TheCloneEmperor, he's have at least built it. Not sure if he has made it approvable. 6875941af9a79683b3a6dc960bb5bc19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk