• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Hello all again! I'm wondering if this robe would be adequate for Traya. I'm thinking it would be, but second opinions would be excellent

https://www.etsy.com/listing/197875351/star-wars-inspired-jedisith-robecloak

P.S.  Pix for wip will be posted soon.  :D it's not much it's just mainly underparts, a wig, and balaclava!

No sorry but this can´t be used for the Darth Traya - as to the CRL :  

Hooded Robe 
For 501st approval:

• The floor length, loose fitting robe is made of a matte black fabric.
  • The fabric is gathered at the shoulders to create a pleated look that runs down the front all the way from the shoulders to the floor.
  • The front of the robe is open from the shoulders to the belt, creating a "V" shaped opening.
  • From the belt down, the robe is closed in front.
  • The back of the robe is somewhat gathered, but it does not have the same pleating as the front.
  • The hood is attached to the robe, and has a pointed tip. When worn up, the hood falls directly over the bridge of the costumer's nose.

I´m looking forward to seeing your WIP and follow your progress :wink:    

Edited by Heavy1973
  • Like 1

No sorry but this can´t be used for the Darth Traya - as to the CRL :  

Hooded Robe 

For 501st approval:

• The floor length, loose fitting robe is made of a matte black fabric.
  • The fabric is gathered at the shoulders to create a pleated look that runs down the front all the way from the shoulders to the floor.
  • The front of the robe is open from the shoulders to the belt, creating a "V" shaped opening.
  • From the belt down, the robe is closed in front.
  • The back of the robe is somewhat gathered, but it does not have the same pleating as the front.
  • The hood is attached to the robe, and has a pointed tip. When worn up, the hood falls directly over the bridge of the costumer's nose.

I´m looking forward to seeing your WIP and follow your progress :wink:

///////

That's okay! Then perhaps this pattern? I do see a gather  in the shoulder and it could be pleated if need be.

Oh thank you! I can't wait to show when I can

You can´t use a robe pattern - the Traya dress is not open in the front all the way down.

You need to find a normal dress or tunic pattern - I used this one and just made it longer and put the V opening in the front down to the waist + I made it a bit wider on the front side, so I could make the pleats on the shoulders.  I also made the sleeves a bit wider...

7169232faa7c2f2faa30147fadef960c.jpg

sounds good, is the fabric like a Jedi robe with the slight weave?

just getting ready to go back to this project, I have like 4 that are 50% done, need to clear out the workbench!!