• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My Mara Jade WIP

jwnikita

It works for me. And no need to be embarrassed, we have all been in your shoes before.

If you want anything removed from your WIP so it's less embarrassing,  just let me know and I can remove anything you want removed, to include my comments.

Looking at drive now

Shin guards are fine

Wig is fine

goggles are fine

Once you get the new silver connector, hopefully they will match up to the straps you currently have, and then they will be fine as well.

The rivets in the belt will need to be removed, some really strong glue like E6000 or something similar may be able to take the place of the rivets.

Let's look on the positive and get this costume done right, with as few mistakes as possible from this point going forward.

The next big obstacle is the Jumpsuit, this you want to get right the 1st time around. Please read the CRL for this item carefully, understand all the different things required, and then lets get it done right, as this item really makes or breaks this costume.

Thanks for the feedback.

As for the jumpsuit, I am  having it professionally made by a seamstress familiar with Legion  requirements for costumes. She is very particular in her work and I have confidence that she will do it correctly.

3 minutes ago, jwnikita said:

Thanks for the feedback.

As for the jumpsuit, I am  having it professionally made by a seamstress familiar with Legion  requirements for costumes. She is very particular in her work and I have confidence that she will do it correctly.

Fingers crossed!

The biggest problem with the jumpsuit is using the wrong material.

Med sheen that stretches in 4 directions, comes out looking like a shiny rubber suit or something in the look of a scuba divers wetsuit, very form fitting.