• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Ventress Night Sister WIP

riathewolf

Hey guys! Newbie here, working on my first 501st costume. So far I've gathered up the fabric needed and am pretty happy with my finds. Once I get a few things patterned out I will post some pictures. Question though on makeup. What do you guys use for Ventress? I've tried a few products and nothing looks quite right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

LadyB uses Ben Nye cakes, applied with a natural sponge. I think the colours she liked best (layered) are Geisha and porcelain.

For the tattoos she uses a pencil to sketch it out and then a thicker eyeliner crayon to fill in.  She has also used a cake style one for that too, but we like the pencil for control. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much! That is extremely helpful! I have a lavender eyeliner I liked for the tattoos so it seemed I have on the right track with that. But they color was not at all right with the mehron powder I tried. I will give the cakes a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use alcohol-based body paint, a mix of white and grey. It's pricey but it stays put, I've been to 2-days cons with it (sleeping with the paint on, and I was good to go the next day).

I have a friend who uses a much cheaper option though, the water-based paint from Majama (color grey 022). Water-based paint stays nicely put on the face, but if the fabric rubs against your skin it will go away faster than alcohol paint (from my experience). So if you plan on putting the mask on your lower face on and off often, be careful about not removing too much paint in the process~