• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Lightsabers

ImperialLibrarian

They look nice, but where they are 3d printed from PLA I don't think they will stand up to any abuse. I think if anything more than a belt hanger (I know which is odd on Asajj), they will break. 

Do you have a library with a 3d printer? If so you could make some of your own, and see what you think of the material. 

I was looking at those for my wife as well beforehand. The maker does state they are for costuming only and NOT for dueling. For some reason he has the black and silver in the wrong order as well. Take a look at my thread as I will be updating it when i progress. I am making dueling quality sabers using the CRL reference(which is wrong, I know, but it matches what is depicted on the CRL anyways). I am using pvc electrical conduit and installing electronics and a blade. It will be cost efficient, total for 2 sabers will be under $100 and be strong enough to duel as stated before.

I may end up offering sabers for sale after wards, depending on how my build goes.

• Like 1