• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Galaxy of Heroes costumes.

KahnP

Unlocked Nihilus last night and noticed that interestingly he has a different costume to normal.

My question is simple, do people think that GoH costumes should be clearable as well?

I've not looked into the others to much to be honest so the other characters may not have different costumes to normal.

Unlocked Nihilus last night and noticed that interestingly he has a different costume to normal.

My question is simple, do people think that GoH costumes should be clearable as well?

I've not looked into the others to much to be honest so the other characters may not have different costumes to normal.

Nihilus in GoH, is Darth Nihilus (KOTOR II) not Darth Nihilus (COTF) if that is what you are talking about?.

What does "a different costume to normal" even mean?

Rather small images and not very detailed to use as a source for building a costume. imo

Edited by Yankee71

I know its the KoToR version, but if you look closely, he's got random wrist guards.

A different costume to normal means...Well...Pretty self explanatory really, when you think of Nihilus you think of KoToR or CoTF version. Therefore anything else would be different to what you would normally expect :)

I know its the KoToR version, but if you look closely, he's got random wrist guards.

A different costume to normal means...Well...Pretty self explanatory really, when you think of Nihilus you think of KoToR or CoTF version. Therefore anything else would be different to what you would normally expect :)

There lies the problems, and why I don't think this game is a credible source of reference, as the details are not clear enough to make out, because the quality of details is low, and the image itself is too small.

Wrist guards? All I see are his gloves, and his shirt sleeve are bunched up before the gloves.

Debate over then, not enough detail ;)

Can you provide pictures of this version? Not everyone has the game and frankly I've never heard of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see the differences in the details, though I'm not sure that they are worth a new costume vs. alternative options to the existing KOTOR II. It doesn't matter much though unless you can get a full 360 degree view of it, as the back is an unknown.

I see the differences in the details, though I'm not sure that they are worth a new costume vs. alternative options to the existing KOTOR II. It doesn't matter much though unless you can get a full 360 degree view of it, as the back is an unknown.

The back of the CotF version was unknown and it got through using the KOTOR II model. There really isn't too many differences but there are differences. One could easily make the costume and try to apply.

I play the game, I am quite familiar with the graphics, you can also spin the character around.

I already said my piece, I think the graphics are too poor quality to use for reference materials.

I am not going to beat a dead horse.

You are more than welcome to try anything you want to.

I don't see where poorer quality reference materials. to what we already have in the CRL will do to help you, but knock yourself out.

The back of the CotF version was unknown and it got through using the KOTOR II model. There really isn't too many differences but there are differences. One could easily make the costume and try to apply.

COTF was also approved before current 360 rules were implemented and was an amalgamation of the box art, the minifig, and the inaccurately referenced Sith Legends figure that used parts of COTF but was not COTF, especially with its shoulder bells and split skirt style when it was still a rule of 3 for references. Technically, there should not have been an approvable COTF given that none of the references actually match and were combined in parts to make a single costume.

• Like 1

COTF was also approved before current 360 rules were implemented and was an amalgamation of the box art, the minifig, and the inaccurately referenced Sith Legends figure that used parts of COTF but was not COTF, especially with its shoulder bells and split skirt style when it was still a rule of 3 for references. Technically, there should not have been an approvable COTF given that none of the references actually match and were combined in parts to make a single costume.

I now know this after all the research I've been doing with the character. I've been having issues with approval because different people have different interpretations of the CRL.

I now know this after all the research I've been doing with the character. I've been having issues with approval because different people have different interpretations of the CRL.

Yeah, the new CRL should be coming out here shortly with a clearer cut idea so as to keep everything more fluid and easier to understand.

• Like 1

There are 3 key differences between KOTOR Nihilus and the one in GoH.

- Mask has gold detail instead of silver

- Padded or layered gauntlets over the gloves

- Added hip fabric that flows separately from his normal robes

The 4th potential difference that is currently being debated is if the front panel of fabric is a separate piece that is over the robes (like a tabard), or part of the robes as normal and the game model is just wonky. 

Now if these differences mean having a totally new costume for Nihilus, then go for it. Or, it can be a variant on the already existing KOTOR CRL. I personally could see this being a whole new CRL due to the differences, but that is just my 2 cents. It comes down to if someone likes the costume, then make it! Have fun and do a cool character. :) 

Necropsting for a good reason. I have been looking at this costume for a bit. I have the COTF approved, am submitting KOTOR II for approval soon, and would like to do this as a trifecta. So far as I can see, it is similar to the KOTOR version with difference as mentioned above (gold detail on mask, padded gauntlets, back sash around the butt). I would also add the following: cowl comes to a point in the front, chest padding/armor is not present, glove is form fitting (more like elastic fabric than leather, also the padding looks more like a vanbrace to me than part of the glove) boots may or may not have a top strap, obi is wider, and saber is very definitely not the same. I would argue new CRL though one should be able to modify a KOTOR without too much trouble. I’m going to build it just so I can ditch the chest armor. 

F553D86B-87E8-4228-AA4A-A427BFB8CB14.png

470F933B-67B1-4F90-8B70-337F22AE667A.png

9D429D32-613C-40B7-A626-F34EC89CA43A.png

FD9F2ECA-DFB6-4ECC-A2E2-3ADA4B200632.png

A0C81E80-CC0B-4082-8798-0DD313452D60.png

Close ups of some of the differences. Forgot to mention sleeve fabric is bunched at the top of the vanbraces (see first image). Third image is for the boots. For the record, The model is 360 and is featured in at least 2 cinematic, the gallery, and as a playable character. 

AF0D3B6C-28DD-43FE-A198-A7A9D708CFDF.jpeg

37730B28-FC17-4ACE-B1DC-E6FE068FE30D.jpeg

8A5AC83C-3E7F-4EBC-8303-4C48011AD67C.jpeg

Edited by DarthCephalus

If you're able to get a closer view of the boots, then I wouldn't have an issue of this version being submitted as a New to the Legion if created to the correct proportions to differentiate from KOTOR II. That includes matching seam lines and pattern layout, as well as proper poof of things like the obi, the sleeves above the gloves, the padded gloves, etc.

22 minutes ago, DarthValkyria said:

Also the slightly differently colored tunic/tabard thing in the front.

That just looks like lighting to me. If you catch the highlights on the wrinkles farther back, it looks like the same color. Especially if you look at the third image where you can see the bottom of the front. 

Edited by DarthCephalus

The boots are hard to nab a closeup of, but flat sole, maybe slight heel (image2) with definite top strap (image 1) as far as I can see. In some ways it kind of looks like all black crocs and socks, the idea of which is totally hilarious to me. 

5596CA07-9625-4F9E-B1D0-EC5C07FA0276.jpeg

B59A0680-B14D-4096-A5A5-DA0422B05749.jpeg

Edited by DarthCephalus

154fba32ead916dff62060a116ca37f5.jpg
f5bb32a9049e5e62dae3423da9420c65.jpg

So here are the best pics I was able to get of the boots. I did lighten up the image to get a better look of them. In my opinion they remind me of the style of boots that are approvable for Darth Maul, a pair motorcycle boots with the shift pad across the top of the boot. It’s unclear about the heel from the pics I have.

Thank you for necromancing this thread. Also in my opinion the sleeves are smooth and blouse at a separate from form fitting gloves, ribbed gauntlet. Seeing that the sleeves are form fitting to the biceps I figure that they are a cotton knit material like those of a turtle neck.