• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Krayt

Guest A'Sharad Hett

Guest A'Sharad Hett

Hi there, this is my first post here.

I just want to share my last work with you all to gather opinions.

I have some videos first:

Me at a Con like 20 days ago, in Torino, Italy

Me at a Con last weekend, in Cesenatico, Italy

Me and a friend of mine as Darth Nihl (he's a fellow member of my SW fanclub)

Me, Nihl and my wife as Shaak Ti as seen in The Force Unleashed video game

Now some photos, they come from the first Con mentioned. At the second one I had a new and better wig (The Allmighty Wig 3.0) and slightly painted arms, using the same body paint used for the legs:

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/217015/

Let me know what you think :>

Guest Daritha

I'm a big Legacy fan and your Krayt looks marvelous. It's a worthy Sith ... but keep away from anyone who looks like Darth Wyyrlok. It's a trap. Believe me! 8)

The costume is good shaped. Would be a pleasure to, one day, read a walk-through for it. I like the face painting, too. You should use more grey body painting for the visible flesh. The costume itself is in a good shape but need some darker colors. You can't clearly see all details and the laminar gray looks too new. Add some darker color, make it older in look ... and more organic. The armor is made of Vonduun crabs, so you can propably seek some advice by Tomas (The_Clone Emperor) and his Darth Bane costume. The orbalisks on Bane's armor should be similar in look to Krayt since both armors are basing on organic material. Also on some photos the armor looks a little bit too big for you but this could be due a bad camera POV.

Hope I could help you a little bit and still: This costume is very good. It would be an honor to meet one of you guys on the next year's Jedi-Con in Germany. ... It would be great to be on a shot with Darth Krayt! :shock:

¡Bravo!

Greetings Andrea,

Images of your suit surfaced on the 501st last week. A very solid recreation. ¿Latex over foam?

I was so excited about your debut that I posted images to Jan Duursema's board;

Darth Krayt in Italy

You may want to chime in---wait, I see that you have. ¡Good show!

I should imagine to meet in person at the next Jedi Con--¿Berlin?--if not sooner.

¡Bravo!

Guest Anonymous
¡Bravo!

Greetings Andrea,

Images of your suit surfaced on the 501st last week. A very solid recreation. ¿Latex over foam?

Darth Krayt in Italy

I should imagine to meet in person at the next Jedi Con--¿Berlin?--if not sooner.

¡Bravo!

next Jedi Con is in Düsseldorf (2010) ;)

but great to hear you're planing to come to Germany again!

and great Krayt btw! hope to see you too at Jedi Con 2010? ^^

Guest A'Sharad Hett
I'm a big Legacy fan and your Krayt looks marvelous. It's a worthy Sith ... but keep away from anyone who looks like Darth Wyyrlok. It's a trap. Believe me! 8)

lol

The costume is good shaped. Would be a pleasure to, one day, read a walk-through for it. I like the face painting, too. You should use more grey body painting for the visible flesh. The costume itself is in a good shape but need some darker colors. You can't clearly see all details and the laminar gray looks too new. Add some darker color, make it older in look ... and more organic.

We (me and my wife, we made it together) colored it two times. The first time it was darker but we didn't like the effect :/ and we painted it all over again X_x

As for the flesh on my second run I slightly painted the arms with the same body paint I use for the legs:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak- ... 532610.jpg

But I'm still not satisfied, I think I need to work on this, maybe using some white face powder as base color to make the flesh pale and then soil it with the same grey paint.

The armor is made of Vonduun crabs, so you can propably seek some advice by Tomas (The_Clone Emperor) and his Darth Bane costume. The orbalisks on Bane's armor should be similar in look to Krayt since both armors are basing on organic material. Also on some photos the armor looks a little bit too big for you but this could be due a bad camera POV.

Actually, it IS big, expecially at the belt, I have a lot of game inside and this gonna be the first thing on my rework schedule.

Hope I could help you a little bit and still: This costume is very good. It would be an honor to meet one of you guys on the next year's Jedi-Con in Germany. ... It would be great to be on a shot with Darth Krayt! :shock:

The plan is to book the first two rooms tonight for me, my wife and two fellow members of my SW fanclub :>

¡Bravo!

Greetings Andrea,

I used an AXO motocross body protection as a base, and layered it with cardboard, newspapers, adhesive and double-sided tape, and then papier-mâché on top. Once we got the final shape we used resin to harden it.

Darth Krayt in Italy

¡Bravo!

Hope so, I'll be there with Andrea and Amedeo, my wife and packs ( :lol: ) of other friends and fellow members of my fanclub :D

and great Krayt btw! hope to see you too at Jedi Con 2010? ^^

Sure :D

Guest Sakara

wow those costumes are great..all three of them!

grey is a hard colour to get on the skin without it washing out to much with flash...it may appear to dark on the skin but in light it will appear alot lighter...ugh ( i had this problem with Asajj Ventress..having the skin not white but not too grey either)

Guest Anonymous
Let me know what you think :>

Hmm....what do I think..?

ALL HAIL HIS MAJESTY, DARK LORD KRAYT!

LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR!!!! (not that wierdo Fel guy, the REAL emperor *snickers*) (Though to be fair, "live" is a bit relative considering his majesty's current disposition being left to pickle in Darth Wyrrlok's cellar.....)

Your costume is totally and utterly.....incredible!!!! (and the Darth Nihi with you is really hot too!!!)

So...what do I think?

YOU ROCK!! (....i wonder if this translates easily into German....? I don't mean "rock" like a brick or boulder....rock as in amazing, spectacular, awesome, incredible, inventive, creative, inspiring......gggrr....not sure if I'm making any sense at this point.....probably not so I'll leave it to smarter people to work this out.....)

Oh...and welcome to the Flagship Eclipse, your majesty!

Guest Daritha
[...]As for the flesh on my second run I slightly painted the arms with the same body paint I use for the legs:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak- ... 532610.jpg

But I'm still not satisfied, I think I need to work on this, maybe using some white face powder as base color to make the flesh pale and then soil it with the same grey paint.

The second picture looks much better. As I said: There are some details that minors the "awesomeness" of the costume but that's only details.

Propably the flash light do it's own part in making the costume a "lighter" appearence (little bit ironic for a Dark Lord). Do you ever used normal grey painting color (like this the kids in elementary school used in their artwork lessons while painting whit their bare hands)? When I was making a Kyle Katarn costume long time ago I noted that this color is very good for making Kyle grey hair parts. It could propably work good as body painting (but I'm unsure about this). Best is that you contact someone like Pam (Twi'lek_Pam) who had done body painting for some of her Twi'leks. I'm sure she can give good advice.

[...]

¡Bravo!

The next Jedi-Con is April 2-4 in 2010. Again in Düsseldorf. Again in the Maritim Hotel near the Airport. Good to know that we will have Master Krieg again ... especially when this threat Darth Krayt will show up ... uhm, isn't he technically a zombie then?

Some information about the Con (only in German I think). Since I'm a native German it would be a pleasure for me to help anybody with filling out the paperwork if there are problems. :)

By the way: "¿"Do you use a Spanish keyboard?

Your costume is totally and utterly.....incredible!!!! (and the Darth Nihi with you is really hot too!!!)

[...]

YOU ROCK!! (....i wonder if this translates easily into German....? [...]

Be careful, Lady Maladi, what you say. If Ms. Duursema reads this there's the danger of a romantic subplot between her an Lord Nihl ... though I want to know what Sith love would be like. :lol:

To the German part: Nope. We also use the phrase "rock" (English spelling) to say "That is cool" or so. The German word Rock is spelled with a harder "r" (little bit like Americans who speaks with a Russian accent).

Guest A'Sharad Hett
Propably the flash light do it's own part in making the costume a "lighter" appearence (little bit ironic for a Dark Lord). Do you ever used normal grey painting color (like this the kids in elementary school used in their artwork lessons while painting whit their bare hands)? When I was making a Kyle Katarn costume long time ago I noted that this color is very good for making Kyle grey hair parts. It could propably work good as body painting (but I'm unsure about this). Best is that you contact someone like Pam (Twi'lek_Pam) who had done body painting for some of her Twi'leks. I'm sure she can give good advice.

I use pro body paints (Kryolan Aquacolor for my grey and Kryolan Aquacolor Liquid for my wife)

Some information about the Con (only in German I think). Since I'm a native German it would be a pleasure for me to help anybody with filling out the paperwork if there are problems. :)

Oh thanks :>

The hotel kindly replied to my requests in english. I guess I can manage that but if I ever meet problems I'll knock at your door :D

Guest Anonymous
Darth Krayt will show up ... uhm, isn't he technically a zombie then?

He's not a zombie!! Aside from the fact that would insult all the hardworking undead out there; it's more like he's been left pickling in bacta within the depths of Darth Wyrrlok's celler....right next to the wine rack.

Or left in the basement to rot like some high school science project gone horribly astray, discarded and forgotten to fester and forment until becoming a quivering mass of world-devouring proportions!

He'll be back.

Be careful what you say. If Ms. Duursema reads this there's the danger of a romantic subplot between her an Lord Nihl ... though I want to know what Sith love would be like.

And what's wrong with that? Goths are always hot (unless 140kg+.....then it gets wierd). And heaven knows I'm emo.....I mean Maladi.....Darth Maladi is emo.....wait...oh dear...nevermind.

Besides...Maladi deserves some action! She can't even get her own miniature! Where's the justice?! Kol Skywalker - who was in the series for just 6 or 7 pages! - HE gets a figure. Maladi....she gets nothing but a watch and an honorary degree for Advancements in Mad Science from Sith University while Darth Sex-Kitten is getting her own Gentle Giant's....bust. Mad scientists get no respect! :evil:

Now back to the main point....the problem with costuming is that photography tends to "lighten" colors....so contrasts tend the wash a bit.....I think the costume looks great as is and the facial designs were a MAGNIFICENT touch to the outfit. While I'd love to have pics with my Lord Krayt (once I get my #$@$# headdress to stay put......don't ask)....sadly, my chances of getting to Europe anytime soon are about same as an Endor Stormtrooper successfully hitting...anything. :cry:

Guest Daritha

True. There might be a chance that Krayt could come back ... in one or another way.

Besides...Maladi deserves some action!

I say somethin about a romantic subplot and your response is action for Maladi? Uhm ... kay. Now I have some weird images in my head ... but I like and keep them. :D

I could ask Mr. Krayt if I could make some special pictures for you ... so you can cut and paste it with photoshop and make your personal Krayt moment. :lol:

Don't you men ANY Stormtrooper hitting ANYthing?

Guest Anonymous
I say somethin about a romantic subplot and your response is action for Maladi?

Eeep! Sorry....I meant action as in "to act", meaning do ANYTHING in the story other than stand around babbling or getting lady-slapped by Lord Krayt and the other sith. Maladi is like....the ultimate wallflower and errand girl. Meanwhile Wyrrlok gets out and has his own misadventures. Hell...he's got a family! (what must Mrs Wyrrlok be like to put up with him and his late hours at work?). Nihl got to take down the main Jedi temple, and personally beat Kol Skywalker; giving him bragging rights at the annual Sith Octoberfest for years. Stryfe has his own Star Destroyer (who needs a limo when you can ride one of those?). Talon is ....Talon. 'Nuff said.

And let's not forget Lord Krayt, himself, seems to have nearly travelled the full length and breadth of the entire galaxy PRIOR to his ascendence as Dark Lord of the Sith: a jedi, a general, a bounty hunter (wow does this galaxy have major crime issues!), and a drifter. Even his "death" at the end of the Vector storyline was truly epic. He did not go down quietly or easily (it took a TEAM of force wielders along with one vicious backstab), which is truly how a good sith should end their career in evil! A self-made Sith Lord for all seasons, disasters, and eras (and a cosplay that has bragging rights for years!)

Oh....thinking about it....NOW I know what would make the Krayt cosplay perfect.....a holocron! Every Dark Lord needs a holocron! Even if the holocron just stands around belittling it's current owner all day (talk about ungrateful!).

Don't even go there. Just....don't.

Guest A'Sharad Hett
Oh....thinking about it....NOW I know what would make the Krayt cosplay perfect.....a holocron! Every Dark Lord needs a holocron! Even if the holocron just stands around belittling it's current owner all day (talk about ungrateful!).

Uhm, your nickname fits you very well, you are a real dark sider, I just bought three red leds and a reed switch to build my first sith holocron.

The idea is to stick a powerful neodymium magnet on my left hand palm and use it secretly to activate the reed switch and power on the holocron.

I just have to build the holocron chassis, it won't need much time, and it will have a huge halo effect :D

Guest Daritha
I say somethin about a romantic subplot and your response is action for Maladi?

Eeep! Sorry....I meant action as in "to act", meaning do ANYTHING in the story other than stand around babbling or getting lady-slapped by Lord Krayt and the other sith. Maladi is like....the ultimate wallflower and errand girl. Meanwhile Wyrrlok gets out and has his own misadventures. Hell...he's got a family! (what must Mrs Wyrrlok be like to put up with him and his late hours at work?). Nihl got to take down the main Jedi temple, and personally beat Kol Skywalker; giving him bragging rights at the annual Sith Octoberfest for years. Stryfe has his own Star Destroyer (who needs a limo when you can ride one of those?). Talon is ....Talon. 'Nuff said.

Ha ha ha ha! Maladi, you're killing me. :lol:

Don't even go there. Just....don't.

Uhm, okay. Would be better for my health since half the Legion IS Stormtrooper. :?

@A'Sharad Hett: A personal holocron would be so cool. Then, you can pay it back to Darth Nhilus and the whole bunch! You're (officially still) the current one with the title of DARK Lord. You're the Master and they should obey you! (Does someone get the hint to the Doctor-Who franchise? *g*)

Guest Anonymous
Would be better for my health since half the Legion IS Stormtrooper..

And you didn't get the memo on that? You're worse than me! (is that even possible?!). :oops:

You're the Master and they should obey you!

WHOA! Way different issue. Sith, by their very nature, have NO true loyalty but to their own personal ambitions and phobias. Period. Obedience is directly proportional to the ability of the Dark Lord in question to enforce his will on others. Loyalty, trust, self sacrifice....simply aren't words in any true sith's vocabulary (or in the sith Wikipedia, honest!); prior to Darth Krayt's rather...revolutionary....reforms.

For all his power and resources, Krayt's just a dying man overtaken with fear for his life. A sith weakened by fear and illness - to the old measures - would be hopelessly unfit to rule, thus their contempt. Since he's too obsessed with personal preservation rather than seeking alternative means (such as Palpatine's cloning technology...hmm...a clone emperor Krayt....wouldn't THAT be fun?) he kinda deserves to die. (nothing personal, my lord A'Sharad Hett!!!)

Now, if he had just threatened the holocrons with a hammer, he might have evoked more cooperative responses. :wink:

Guest Daritha
Would be better for my health since half the Legion IS Stormtrooper..

And you didn't get the memo on that? You're worse than me! (is that even possible?!). :oops:

Sure! :P

For all his power and resources, Krayt's just a dying man overtaken with fear for his life.

A pure human reaction. The Faustian pact - I live and sell my soul to the devil (aka the Dark Side). ... Whoa, I never thought about this tragedy. No wonder why Krayt wears a mask. He's ashamed of himself! *g*

Now, if he had just threatened the holocrons with a hammer, he might have evoked more cooperative responses. :wink:
He he he. "No, no more hammering! I will tell you everything!" ... Since Krayt's ... uhm, "surprising holiday break" I wonder if the Holocrons are now in Wyyrlok's office as paperweight? ^^

Guest A'Sharad Hett

Little update.

I'm working on new colors:

10631_1132036625832_1374753226_30333608_7124334_n.jpg

I think it's more accurate now.

Next step will be the same work on the whole costume.

Then I will rework the armor to better fit my body in the lower portions (I've game of several centimeters around my waist).

I need comments :D