• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Malak Build

Xani

So, I started the process on Darth Malak about a month ago but wasn't aware of the need for forum posts. Sorry! I will continue to post photos from the build as they come. I have had a TON of help from local 501st members and would like to get your input as well. Please let me know what your thoughts are. My plan is to make individual posts with each of the different parts as they come together as there are several projects going at the same time.

Thanks!

Here are the concept photos pulled from the video game, models, and some concept art that I loved:

darth_malak_by_jkl320-d803zus_zpsbtwwu2l

GGPBMEX121_zpsnsfmceud.jpg

ggmb-malak_zpsrnrwxwf4.jpg

Woohoo! Excited to see how this comes out. 

I will say, definitely go with a more varied sleeve pleat than the red kylo pictured if that is the method you plan to use, and definitely a darker, more rich red.

Here is our initial attempt for the armor. We went with a pleated 60/40 poly cotton blend done by a local seamstress. And yes, it feels amazing. I am a bit worried about the thickness.

IMG_01751_zpscx66oohg.jpg

Also, I am having a very difficult time finding a true Old Republic lightsaber build. A friend helped me pull rendering from the video game to get a proper 3D design for printing. I think its pretty close. Once the 3D printing is done I will post up pics.

Screenshot_2017-02-21-11-07-09_zpsy3ohoz