• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Boots for The Thicker-Calved Gentleman?

BanthaScooper

Hi all,

I'm working on a Darth Nihilus build, and was wondering if anyone has a source for approvable boots for the thicker calved fellow. My calves measure 18" around at the thickest, and it seems like most jackboots (Imperial Boots as well) only measure out to 15"-17" in diameter. Is it possible to get away with shorter boots to get around that dilemma as another option? Any source info for jackboots or the other option is most appreciated! ^_^

I had the same problem, with a different costume, due to my calves.

My solution was taking the boots to a shoe repair shop and having them build in a wedge extension on the inside wall of the boot.

If you're looking for very good boots, i can recommend an ukrainian vendor on Ebay. He is offering Officer Parade boots of the sowjet red army.

I have a pair. Like 35 years old and they are great.

But i guess the shipping to the US is gonna kill this proposal. :D

My zipper boots I bought off of ebay.  My straight jackboots I bought from Hessen Antique.

On those zipper boots, how high are the shafts? I'm curious how low I can get away with the leg shaft. I'm not entirely sure how much gets seen with the two layers of skirt.