• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Maris Brood costume reference and character reference

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am trying to get copies of the photos I have taken of the reference books and pages that have the info showing that the Maris Brood character was indeed part of the Dark Side (if only for a short while). She is like the Mara Jade character that is a Jedi that has been on both sides of the Force, both Dark & Light Side! I have three separate written references:

The Force Unleashed - Hardback book written by Sean Williams

The Force Unleashed - Prima Official Game Guide by Lucas Arts

The Force Unleashed - By Dark Horse Comics

I have copies of the pages that from these books that shows the written reference of her turning to the Dark Side, Using the Dark Side, and being with the Dark SIde.

I also have copies of the pages that show various angles of her costume. As for the saddle seat on her pants... it is shown in some photos but not all photos. So that would be up to the costume counsel to decide on if it will be a requirement or one of two variations of the costume she wears. Since her shin guards are different in different photos as well!

I have uploaded part of the references I have into the temporary gallery, but then I kept getting an error when I tried to upload the others. So perhaps someone can help with this?? Or I can try to upload them here instead of the gallery. I currently have them in my Photobucket.

At least if we can get the written references of her Dark Side posted then we can at least get her character as accepted as a Dark Side Character! Then we can work on the details of her costume!

So let me know if there is something else I can do to get the rest of these reference photos uploaded!

Karen Katich

Guest Anonymous

OK, so I got all the photo references uploaded to the temp gallery file. So once those are approved by admin and uploaded to the main Maris Brood Gallery, you all will have access to the three separate references stating that she is on the Dark Side, uses the Dark Side, and turns back from the Dark Side. So she is a dual character.

I am working on making a new pair of pants that look more leather like (fit tighter), and have the saddle seat added on. Hopefully I can still sit when it is done! HA! I have also added two more tendrals onto my wig to show the ones that hang down really long in the back. I found a darker red belt as well. Though her belt changes in color from bright red to dark red to a dark brown. So again, costume reference or costume judges, guess it is up to you to decide proper shade?? I prefer the dark red one myself. That as well as the bullet holder look that is on the red belt, as it is on some photos but not others. Required or not required??? It would be difficult to add onto the belt and match the coloring. Or one would need to make or overlay the entire belt to incorporate the holders onto it. Shin guards are also different in several photos found. Between the hard shin guards and the soft wrap around style with leather looking ties.

I hope these photos added will help the costume judges and also all the members who are working on this project!

Karen Katich

Sweet! I'm glad to hear that you're still working on that costume. It's going to be really cool when you finish it!

I recently talked to Thomas (the LMO) about the potential for Maris to be a 501st character. He said that he does support her as a 501st elligible character, since she's a lot like Mara Jade and Visas Marr.

So... what we need to do now is get the standards figured out, and present him with a top-notch costume to approve! He does expect the first costume to be a real showpiece that will pave the way for others to follow. For the costume elements that change in the references, we can present them in the standards as different options. They need to be true to the most detailed and accurate reference images, though, and I believe that the preference will be toward the game look, rather than the more roughly drawn comics. I need to find out if we have access to turnarounds for that character. Remember, just because one artist in one place drew something different, we don't throw the better references out the window for it. But, if that one artist created an image that is well in line with Maris' look, then we can integrate their vision into the standards in an appropriate way. (And I like the dark red belt, too!)

Thanks for the images. I'll get them added to the album this weekend. (It's a bit past my bedtime tonight!)

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

I have completed my new version of the Maris Brood costume based on the "Definitive" Reference Photo that Thomas sent me. He said that this is the only photo "the definitive photo" that he plans to use for approval! mb501reqdifinitive.jpg. I have submitted my photos of my costume with full makeup and contacts to my Garrison GML for submission to the Legion for approval. I hope that my extra money, time, and effort put into all the changes required meets with Thomas approval! If it does, I can post what I did to make it all. Or I could post that now and then people can make any changes to their costume to meet approval if this one doesn't! The one thing I still need to replace is the Lightsaber Tonfa Batons. Mine were made if reference to the comic book and video game photos. I need to update or change them to match the photo Thomas sent me. Then if I can actually get them to light up would be awesome! My costume photos can be viewed in my photo bucket:

MarisBrood.jpg

MarisBack.jpg

MarisFaceFront.jpg

MarisHairBack.jpg

Let me know what you all think!! Also, if anyone knows how to make a lightsaber that lights up let me know so I can make mine light up!

Thanks!

Karen Katich

Guest Anonymous
Looking good. Now, if you could come over to Europe for the TFU II release? I'd like to have a Maris with me. ^^

That would be awesome! Wish I could make it over there! I don't think I have any more vacation time left for the year! I will have to check that out! :wink: When is the release? Trip to Europe would be great!

Karen Katich

Guest Daritha

Europe's just one or two days behind the US release - end of October, however. I know from my CO that there are gonna be definitely some release parties. Nothings for sure right now - and with gamescom, the German Garrison's main event this weekend and some others to come - the planning will be delayed a bit. But I'm sure!

It would be nice if I could present my Starkiller one more time - since LucasArts didn't want him for the TFU II promo during gamescom (looong and unlogic story) - and it would be cool to have a Maris at my side. Maybe we can meet one day. If there's another Celebration Europe, I'm definitely there!