• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Painting Tips

Padme9055

So I recently moved from Sunny Arizona (where there were almost no concerns about spray painting other then it being too windy or raining) to New York and now have a Visas Marr dress I'm trying to paint in the winter and I'm so not sure how to do this!

Has anyone else spray painted or sponged or other wise painted a dress in the winter? Do you have any tips?

I actually used heat vinyl transfer "Gold" instead - much easier.  It takes some time to cut out the pattern, but it is so worth it  :wink:

Here is a link :  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Siser-Easyweed-Heat-Transfer-Vinyl-15-x-5-Yards-FREE-SHIPPING-Over-35-colors-/121210150857

Fabric painting is not like other painting in that you're kind of expected to do it indoors. I would not use a spray paint (I know of none suitable for fabric that don't look crap or crack) and would just hand paint with fabric paint if that's what you want to do. However, I would recommend the vinyl transfers. Having seen them in person they look particularly swish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk