• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starting a new Darth Traya

Bobbyns

I am starting a new Darth Traya for my wife and would like to know if there are any pieces that are tricky to make or words of wisdom on things you would have done when you where building yours?

Hi and welcome

The best advice that I can give you, is to look at the WIP threads in here, start your own thread and go from there. 

I´m actually selling my Darth Traya :  http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2187-fs-darth-traya-costume/

Is there any tips you can give me for the head piece. Right now I am using a mannequin head with some crafting foam for a mock up. Not making much progress

Tips on making the headpiece -   It can be a real pain, but if the mock up doesn´t work for you, then you need to move on and use leather.

You can buy a cheap piece of leather to try with first, you need to make it wet and reshape it over several days, before it gets the right form.  It is a long term project, but so worth it in the end  :wink:  

Try and take a look at some of the WIP´s in here to see others process

You´re on the right track here, and if you put the closure on - it will pull the headpiece closer, so you wont have the bulk on top. And I would cut the form a bit more by the chin, so you don´t get it to sit as far in the front... 

I think, that you´re ready for the leather - just remember, wet, shape, dry, wet, shape, dry, as many times as you need to get it shaped...  it´s a hard work... 

Edited by Heavy1973

Thanks

I am going to try and make another mock up based on this one to adjust the part that comes down to the neck. Hoping to get one with the 6 slots into the top. Then see if it fits on my wife with the wig she has. 

For the clasp I was thinking of using Velco. I am not sure if I will need to put something on the front to keep the headpiece from sliding back