• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Atroxa - sith twi'lek from Star Wars - Old Republic

Okashi

Hello there, 

sometime ago I used some old parts of my Eleena and a black bodysuit for make a non-accurate Darth Atroxa from Star Wars - Old Republic. Not enough images in the video.

Recently I found the 3D artist upload some images to the internet and assuming there are no more details in the back (we know Eleena's back and this character is very similar, she has a much simpler belt than her), could she has a CRL into the 501st?

An awesome sith twi'lek outfit for the winter. 

I usually have to hear a lot of "Aayla Secura" and "Smurfette" from the public when I troop with Eleena .. and also "Amidala" or "the princess"

Digital Sculptor
"For E3 2015 Blur Studios was asked again to create a Star Wars - Old Republic trailer for Electronic Arts. For this trailer a helped by texturing the character Twi'lek, a fan favorite, for the cinematic. I also modeled and textured tech gear added to her uniform.

I also modeled and textured changes to a previous character brought back for this cinematic."

post-122-0-03417400-1484157893_thumb.jpgpost-122-0-15621900-1484157906_thumb.jpg
post-122-0-07797500-1484157920_thumb.jpgpost-122-0-20574300-1484157934_thumb.jpg
post-122-0-44984700-1484157944_thumb.jpgpost-122-0-95909900-1484157957_thumb.jpgpost-122-0-85946600-1484158706_thumb.jpg

My non-accurate Atroxa:

post-122-0-25491500-1484158304_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I was looking into Darth Atroxa and wanted to create a CRL. I have not found enough references for 501st approval. I would love to work With someone or a group to create and submit a CRL. I saw where it was done for Darth Talon around 2007 before she was approved.

I loves me some Lethan Twi'leks! On the topic of the original post, if you can find a 360 degree OFFICIAL set of references (sketches or designs from the creators of the character, concept designs, figures, busts, statues, comics, etc) then there shouldn't be much issue with approval so long as the character falls under the concept of what TFE fits for dark side users, Legend denizens of the antagonistic influence, etc.

• Like 1

The response

"I only got those photos from the studio I worked for at the time. I do not have access to the model anymore."

:( sadness!!

I try to contact with Blur Studios via facebook... again fingers crossed.

So, I went through the high def video at .25x speed and managed to grab this for the back details. The only thing missing is the belt and pants detail, which, TBH, if you have the robe as a part of the costume for, can be argued that they aren't necessary for the approval, similar to Revan's back plate and kidney plate right now.

Darth Atroxa back side.png

Plus, at some point, you can assertain that based on the front and side details of her pants from the 3D rendering, her....ass.....ets show no signs of additional details on just her cheeks or the back of the legs. Even the red stripes seem limited to just the 2, but would be one of those things that *if* a future reference comes out that shows that 3" width of area on her leg not visible does prove to get a red stripe or something detailed to it, it could easily be added without the need to change what the costume is written as, and, at least from where I can see, would allot for access to the 360 degree reference eligibility for approval references. 

Additionally, here's another couple angles on the lekku tattoo design for 360 degree and another up close of the details and greebles of the bracer (especially those metal prongs sticking out the sides).

Darth Atroxa addit'l lekku.png 

Darth Atroxa addit'l lekku 2.png

Darth Atroxa bracer.png

Her bracer seems a lot more rectangular than the Jedi one, with sharper edges and more details, as well as a different "block" setup on the top of it, which you can see in more detail in the image above compared. 

Here's a side by side to explain better. Each color signifies an area of "difference" between the basic structural shape of the two.

Darth Atroxa bracer compare.png

• Like 1

Hello, sorry for the delay, a lot of legion501st events!

No response from Blur on facebook.

This is the contact page,
do you think we could write to the emails asking for the images?
I do not know what mail write, and I also fear that my English is not usefull for this, I tend to use short, direct phrases (like a robot) and I fear that they may feel impersonal and ignore it.
Many times the translator only gets worse.
Could you help me write an image request letter for Blur Studios?
Thanks

In other side. We can see that the back armor, nape armor and neck is identical to Eleena Daru but with red. 

post-122-0-99545600-1488835711_thumb.jpg

We can suppose that the belt, on the other hand, is much simpler and have a buckle and eyelets all over its surface. If it had detonators or some other accessory in the back (we see that in the sides it does not carry anything...Could carry a laser saber hanger) could be added to the belt later.

The red lines of the legs
See the images of Eleena? On her legss he has two black wide stripes. For the red lines of Atroxa are on the sides of where those black stripes would be if Eleena, only that since it is all black they have not put another black fringe on it, but two red lines that delimit it

Also the black pouches on the legs are same style Eleena, another color. maybe rubber against leather. But I think leather would also work

My doubts are, on the upper right arm pouch and the ones on the gauntlets. They are seems metal, leather or rubber?

The render uploaded by Kris is not totaly reliable in matters of texture or color, her eyes appear blue and the bandana does not look the same as in the video. I can see the bandana very similar to Eleena's. But covers her head and neck and has more spikes. And it does not have the two silver pieces around the center piece. In black instead of brown.

We can see that the black jumpsuit has an area on the sleeves in the style of Darth Vader's jumpsuit.
Above or below we can see the gloves that reach to the elbows, and the gauntlets above the glove covering them almost completely
  • Like 1

Currently no has response from Blur studios :(

I do not know what else to do to get more references

Does anyone know or have a friend who knows someone from Blur Studios (the creators of Atroxa's video)? 

Nothing has been approved yet - But the Eleena CRL is live, although incomplete with reference images: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Eleena_Daru

If you have a prospect who is interested, we'd welcome their input and progress if they have started building Atroxa (which I haven't yet!!)

On 12/12/2017 at 12:30 AM, Zoomi said:

Nothing has been approved yet - But the Eleena CRL is live, although incomplete with reference images: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Eleena_Daru

If you have a prospect who is interested, we'd welcome their input and progress if they have started building Atroxa (which I haven't yet!!)

I have sent to the administrators 3 or 4 times (a couple of years I've been sending them) the  pictures of Eleena but they have not been able to update it

39 minutes ago, Okashi said:

I have sent to the administrators 3 or 4 times (a couple of years I've been sending them) the  pictures of Eleena but they have not been able to update it

The pictures (thank you for sending!) have been sitting in the TFE CRL drive (along with about 14 other CRLs) and are still waiting for LMO action on it from last year now. 

We are doing what we can, but this isn't something we have direct control over.

I have some good images of this costume from the game. They put it out as a costume pack after a while. The robes and everything is the exact same as the ones she wore in the video. I should be able to upload them later today. I will post images of each piece of the costume and images of the costume all together. I have found this is the best way to see everything clearly. 

On 7/21/2018 at 10:01 AM, Lord Darth Revan said:

I have some good images of this costume from the game. They put it out as a costume pack after a while. The robes and everything is the exact same as the ones she wore in the video. I should be able to upload them later today. I will post images of each piece of the costume and images of the costume all together. I have found this is the best way to see everything clearly. 

That would be very helpful! I've noticed changes between the cinematic and the costume pack sets (especially with the Acolyte and such), but I would be willing to support the majority use of the cinematics for the references and the details with the costume pack images used as secondary for the full 360 to show the lack of any details on the thin angle we can't see. 

In essence, the cinematic is what you are building to match to, and the in-game is what you are supporting with for the angle not shown.