• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Weathering

DTCorvus

So weathering is the distress of an object making it look used and old. So how can you have a weathered costume still be pristine in its color? My app has been rejected because my weathering looks like weathering and I have battle damage, burn holes that look like burn holes. My belt has a smudge on it and it looks used. How can you have an item be weathered but still be the original pristine color? That is illogical and goes against the meaning of weathering.

Can someone please explain to me how this can happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's the case, but the point of weathering is yo look like he clothes has been naturally used and damage has happened to it. Occasionally, weathering can look too obviously on purpose. It becomes clear that this isn't clothing that became distressed through wear and tear. I wonder if that's what they mean?

No they are sticking to the letter of the CRL. Since the fabric is black, it all has to be black. It goes against what weathering is all about.

That sounds strange - you can´t make the weathering black on black fabric - you need to take this to the LGML and get our DL Thomas on this.  

• Like 1

That sounds strange - you can´t make the weathering black on black fabric - you need to take this to the LGML and get our DL Thomas on this.

The DL has been advocating on my behalf for a while now. The GML's are taking the description very literally and going by the absolute letter of the CRL. I'm a member of the MMCC and if someone applied with their costume the base colors and just hole/tears, their app would be rejected for improper weathering. You need to distress more then just tearing up the fabric, the color needs to be faded and dirty.

Who said that? Can you get them to run it past someone higher up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately each Garrison has sovereignty when it comes to approving Costumes and it's one person who oversees particular detachments. From what I gather, that person who is the overseer also may have an approved costume from the detachments they oversee. Unlike the MMCC, who have a committee/team of people who look over every costume for approval and it's made up of individuals from all over the club in different clans. This assured that the clan cannot be elitist, only allowing certain people in and not others.

I'm my personal opinion the 501st needs to adopt this way of recruiting as there will be a set uniform understanding of the CRL's and no personal interpretation of the said CRL's. Even if it's each detachment has its own approval team that deal with just those characters that are apart of that detachment would be better then each garrison judging.

In a perfect situation Thomas and Dawn should have final say weather or not a costume can and should be approved. Once a GML has made his findings they should pass it along to the detachment for final analysis. Yet I don't know how this can be accomplished or how to get it started.

There has to be an appeal process. Can you ask for clarification of what they mean? Maybe making them be more explicit in their reasoning can give you an idea what you would need to do to resubmit? Failing that, take photos in different lighting and see?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There really isn't an appeal process that I know of and at this point I don't think it would matter. I have the DL on my side so it's not like they can screw me over especially with his eyes on the matter.

Here is my post with my app pics My 5th attempt app pics;

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Etheflagshipeclipse%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F2219-My-5th-attempt-app-pics&share_tid=2219&share_fid=75052&share_type=t

Let me know what you think.

I estimate that I am into my sixth hour on this submission.
This is the costume that Tom is trying to replicate, and the most recent image I have of his suit;
DNs.jpg 491CCD1D-3C5F-42E2-967D-DBDFA14E1AE9_zps
I wrote to the GML privately and in response to his query in the GML/ GWL forum on the 501st in support of Tom’s costume. I believe he has read my illustrated response because Tom has shared a lettre that appears to be written by the GML in question, dismissing my input and asking that Tom keep his costuming concerns within his garrison. LMO Capell contacted me and we had a live conversation on Tom’s approval. The LMO team pledged to back my assessment. But without GML and GCO cooperation there is no way to force the approval.

So we can welcome Tom within the Detachment, update the CRL to better reflect accumulated knowledge, invite him into group photos and cheer Tom on.
15167663_10154830233889623_1360977446123

We just cannot sell him patches.