• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Working on a new IK CRL

danrodjr

Here is where I am so far: 

Imperial Knight CRL

Undersuit – The under suit is a black faux leather or black leather material. The suit should show a style 

of pleating running down the arms and legs in a vertical pattern.

Tunic -            The tunic should have a high collar that hugs the neck. The tunic should also have four

Tabbard ends in the front of it and four tabbard ends on the back. 

Boots -          Black in color knee high style riding boots with no buckles or designs on them at all, also

not the high heel fashion style boots.

Gloves -         Should be black leather style gloves that cover the sleeves of the tunic and are tucked

Under the gauntlets.

Belt -             Is a brown in color leather style belt with the Imperial belt buckle with Imperial disk center

of the buckle. It should have a larger outer side of the belt with a smaller belt affixed on

top attached to the Imperial belt buckle, the over belt should have two silver fasteners

on either side of the Imperial belt buckle.

Female Belt – Has a pointed to the ground dip on it in the shape of a V pointing downwards where as

The male belt does not. (The male belt is straight across.)

Chest Armor – Armor is painted Banner Red.

Chest and back armor match together at the sides with no open gap.

Shoulder straps are flat into the detail ridges of the top connection points.

Back Plate -    Armor is painted Banner Red.

Rear center plate has the Cape Cap where the cape is attached. The cape is a brown     

“chocolate” color and is ankle length.

Back and Chest armor match together at the sides with no open gap

Shoulder straps are flat into the detail ridges of the top connection points.

Abdomen Armor -    Armor is painted Banner Red.

Abdomen armor hangs from the chest plate centered and is above the belt.

Cod Piece -   Armor is painted Banner Red.

Codpiece Hangs from below the belt.

Shoulder Armor – is a tow piece set of armor with one stacked on top of the other.

The lower shoulder bell has the center line marking facing outward towards the arm.

The upper shoulder armor sits center on the lower shoulder bell.

The left upper shoulder armor has the Imperial COG set in the center of the armor, the         

COG is silver in color.

Gauntlets –      Armor is painted Banner Red

The right gauntlet has the Imperial COG affixed in it at the top (by the elbow) of the armor.

The COG is silver in color.

The gauntlets are place on the forearms over the tunic and the gloves.

Hand Armor –     Armor is painted Banner Red

Light Saber –    The light Saber is the standard Imperial Knight light saber.

The hilt is silver in color with the black in color grip.

The blade is white in color.

There is a D – Ring on the pummel.

I may want to re-order the items as well. 

Good evening,

This appears to fall in line with the talking points of the
Rebel Legion’s description of the Imperial Knight, which itself was derived from The Flagship Eclipse’s 2010 recommendations for The 501st Legion Costume Reference Library entry for the character.

The quick break down was once suggested as;
1. Full body suit
  A. Black Quilted leather/leather-like top with eight panel torso and high quilted neck
  B. Black Quilted or Plain leather/leather-like trousers
2. Black eight tabbard leather/leather-like skirt
3. Gloves
4. Three layer leather/leather-like brown belt and Imperial issue buckle, 
5. Proper boots--A chocolate brown version of Obi Wan's Episode II boots (plain black boots have since been referenced)
6. Rich Brown cape
Armour;
7. Unique L/R Red hand plates
8. Unique L/R Red Bracers and molded red straps
9. Unique Red Loin plate
10. Unique Red Abdomen plate
11. Unique Red Chest plate
12. Unique Red Back plate
13. Unique Red cape cap plate
14. Unique Red L/R under bells
15. Unique Red L/R over bells
Accessories
16. Unique hilt lightsabre and white blade
17. Brown leather/leather-like belt pouches

Order for CRL entry should roughly proceed top to bottom.

Note the undersuit has eight pleats corresponding to the tabards per creator Jan Duursema.

IK-ARMOR-1.jpg
IK-ARMOR-2.jpg
It is tyme to get this CRL done.

I think we might do well to have both male and female versions for this CRL.

Be well,
Thomas

I would merge the description of the neck with the undersuit top.

I had a question.  I though Imperial Knights were neutral?

What limited info I have read about them said they were more or less neutral and rejected the dark side and fought against the dark side.

So how can they be in the 501st, if they fought against sith?

Just curious?

I believe it is because they were still under the Emperor of the Empire. Though they reject the Dark Side, and would terminate the Emperor of he turned Dark, I don't believe they necessarily embraced the Light side either.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That's correct, they served under Emperor Ronan Fel .Around 137 ABY.  The Sith attacked the Empire and the Empire split in a power struggle between the true Emperor (Ronan Fel) and the Sith. This was the Legacy series "Broken" from the Dark Horse Comics.  

That's correct, they served under Emperor Ronan Fel .Around 137 ABY.  The Sith attacked the Empire and the Empire split in a power struggle between the true Emperor (Ronan Fel) and the Sith. This was the Legacy series "Broken" from the Dark Horse Comics.  

OK, and that was my point. What makes them qualified to be in the 501st (Bad guys doing good)?  At the time they fought for the Emperor, they were neutral, so not 501st types. Then they fought against the sith, also not 501st types.  

So what qualifies them to be in the 501st, if they are neutral and anti-Sith?  I don't see how they are "bad", and the 501st is made up of the "bad".

I used all the pics Thomas posted above when working on mine. I hope they are left in as having diagrams from the creator herself is nice :). There is also a great diagram of the belt with measurements done by Thomas and another person whose name I can't remember that was a great help to me. If that could be added to show the belt design, that could be a big help in explaining the belt.

The RL CRL still says the pants have to be quilted like the sleeves. But, after chatting with Thomas and showing images of plain leather pants on several of the IKs, mine was allowed with the plain pants. So I believe both should be an option.

• Like 1

Anyone happen to have the link to that huge thread on IKs from when this was all being discussed? If I remember, it was fairly massive and may help answer some of Yankee71's questions without derailing a thread on finalizing the CRLs after they have been accepted. It's been far too long for my old mind to remember where it was even at  :P

Never mind then, I already read that whole thread, it never said on what grounds it got approved.  I Figured IK fans would have known the answer. Ill stop posting in this thread.

Edited by Yankee71