• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

I need help for Lumiya's costume

Eme

Hello

My name is Marta and I am from Spain.

I belong to the spanish garrison.

I would love to do Lumiya's outfit ... but I'm lost where to start.

Do you know of any shops that sell the monkey already made? Or the helmet? Can I buy black fabric with silver lines? Can the laser whip be made?

I'm so sorry, but I'm lost.

Thankkkkkkks a lot

There is no CRL for this costume, so you will probably be the 1st.

Being the 1st means lots and lots of research, to include finding vendors or costume builders and the correct materials needed.

Where to begin, find all the research photos you like.

Figure out what is going to be the hardest thing to make, and then try to find someone out there who can make it, if you cannot make it yourself.

I doubt you will find someone who will make the whole costume for you, but you might find people who will build parts for you.

I use "Like Linda", https://www.facebook.com/LikeLinda1/?fref=ts she is in Italy, so not to far from you.  She does really good work, but has a really long waiting list, and she works with leather and fabric, you can try her, but to make the whole costume will be expensive.

I would figure out what you can make yourself, and what you need someone else to make, and organize it all, before you start anything.

There is no CRL for this costume, so you will probably be the 1st.

Being the 1st means lots and lots of research, to include finding vendors or costume builders and the correct materials needed.

There is one Lumiya currently approved in the 501st. A couple ladies have made the costume. 

The CRL isn't finished but it does exist so that makes for a slightly different scenario than if not:

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_Lumiya

The rest is true, lots of research, gather all your references and make it the best you can.