• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mara Jade sin/knee guard help :)

cstarkey15

Hi! I've recently started working on my Mara Jade (black jumpsuit) costume but I'm really struggling with shin/knee guards.

I'm going for the Decipher Card Mara so I've been looking at riot gear. I've found a couple but they don't look *quite* right and I don't want to waste money buying something that won't be approved. I've put some pics below, think both would require some mods, but if anyone has any advice or could send me photos/links of shin/knee guards they've had approved that would be excellent.

Thanks in advance! :)

post-1170-0-73666700-1479034807_thumb.jpg

post-1170-0-99954800-1479034809_thumb.jpg

An important place to start with a matching question is the source you are trying to match.
RodHgvz.jpg

The Flagship Eclipse was founded by the Mara Jade Builders Group. That was a decade ago and I will hazard that many of our Mara Jade veterans do not visit this forum often (What with having completed their suits and all. I will put a call out on private TFE group on FB for assistance. I encourage other members to do the same for help in future.

So glad I found this thread. I am also working on a Decipher Mara build and I think I'm going with the same guards as OP shared in the top image. They seem to be the closest that I've found.

Mine are hatch centurion shin guards, sanded and painted with black glossy rubber paint. I changed to the comic look after some time so I have a second pair of comfortable pleather shins. They look like the real deal but they are soft. I use both :-)

Edited by Bhelia

Mine are hatch centurion shin guards, sanded and painted with black glossy rubber paint. I changed to the comic look after some time so I have a second pair of comfortable pleather shins. They look like the real deal but they are soft. I use both :-)

After sanding, did you use Plasti dip and then gloss black paint? Or did you use another type of paint?