• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Ganner Krieg, Imperial Knight

The Clone Emperor

In preparation for my garrison trading card, I upgraded my suit and took a series of photographs.

Upgrades include a new fitted collar, and the knee pads as described visually in SW: Legacy 10. (Knee pads are in progress.)

I_Ganner_Krieg__0710a_by_TheCloneEmperor.jpg

I_Ganner_Krieg__0710b_by_TheCloneEmperor.jpg

I_Ganner_Krieg__0710c_by_TheCloneEmperor.jpg

I also attempted to tweak the straps on my bracers to better match the comic reference. I made rigid red straps, but I was struggling to arrive at a functional solution. Due to the trading card deadline, I left the braces as they have been.

Be well,

Thomas

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know....as much as I like your Durge and Clone Emperor, I think this is my favorite of your costumes. The knee pads really do add to the look of the lower legs too.

Have you thought about maybe silicon cast around a fabric strap with velcro on it to do teh bracer straps?

Guest Anonymous

Clone Emperor, I don't know you or have ever met you, but your work on the imperial knight speaks volumes of your talents and ability. I am a novice in costuming. I have never created anything from scratch. Truthfully, after seeing work like yours and others, I feel like the level of novice may be where I forever reside. When I see your work, I get inspired. Most of all I get excited. The kid in me, loves the idea of becoming someone else for a little while. Keep up the good work.

Guest Daritha
Thx for the help and suggestions, I finally finished the night before I depart for the con. A never ending work in progress, but I hope it meets adequate expectations.

Oh and that is my fearless female goldendoodle "Snoopy"

ImpKnight.jpg

Awesome! I agree with Darth Maladi on the Antares Draco comment but at the same time think that you could pass for Mohrgan Fel extremely well! (Oooh gosh there's a silly unintentional rhyme there!)

[...]

OOOOORRRRRRR ... he could pass as Master Rand Ko, an Imperial Knight whom had is debut at "Legacy - War #02". The resemblöance is remarkable. o.O ... Jan, Miss Duursema, could it beeeee ... ? ^^

Randko.jpg

The last issue of Star Wars Legacy hit the stands this week and I am relieved to say that Imperial Knights Marasiah Fel, Draco, Ganner, Rae, and Sinde are still alive in universe. I was surprised as some of the other notable knights were felled--in one case, in a single panel. But that is to be expected when cramming so much action in a six issue wrap up.

Here, I'd like to share some images of myself in character from Motor City Comic Con 2011. These photos were taken by artist Joe Corroney;

248324_10150264328444623_633079622_8930805_178704_n.jpg

254164_10150264328484623_633079622_8930807_8240181_n.jpg

249271_10150264328514623_633079622_8930808_1044365_n.jpg

Be well,

Thomas

252391_10150264328274623_633079622_8930801_6339479_n.jpg

Jeremey Naylor is a cuddly Wampa.

"He's just a big softie really" from Nanny Ogg's book of cat sayings...

Still sad about Legacy ending, I hope the best for the creative team.

Love the photos :) Still one of my favourite all time suits of armour built :)