• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Fixed Crown

DTCorvus

My GML stated that my hood crown was looking flat. I was able to add some foam to the hood form to make the crown or "cat ears", as the GML puts it, more pointier and not as flat.

Close up on the head taken last Saturday

Fixed crown

Selfie I took today with the fixed crown

Crown comparison

Comparison of the two

I really think that I am close and ready to apply again.

Have you looked at Scott's "how to" build for his Nihilus hood? It is very helpful! 

http://chucrew.com/Nihilus/hood.html

One thing I think that will help is how the fabric sits around the "cat ears". Your fabric comes right from the point and straight down to the mask. The fabric should actually hook slightly under the points of the "cat ears"  and then go down to the mask. This may help in getting the better definition of the points for the "cat ears" and hood. You can see this pretty clearly in Scott's photos when he has the fabric on his hood. 

Hope this helps! You are looking awesome! So close, I can feel it!

Have you looked at Scott's "how to" build for his Nihilus hood? It is very helpful! 

http://chucrew.com/Nihilus/hood.html

One thing I think that will help is how the fabric sits around the "cat ears". Your fabric comes right from the point and straight down to the mask. The fabric should actually hook slightly under the points of the "cat ears"  and then go down to the mask. This may help in getting the better definition of the points for the "cat ears" and hood. You can see this pretty clearly in Scott's photos when he has the fabric on his hood. 

Hope this helps! You are looking awesome! So close, I can feel it!

Yes I have looked over Scott and Pam's page, my costume is based from his design. At the time I didn't have access to fiberglass like Scott did and made mine from what I had when I redid my costume. Unfortunately the lighting in my bathroom cast shadows to where you cannot see the recessed area of the crown. When I redid the crown this time I added a 1/4" + lip on the crown so that it doesn't just fall from the crown to the mask.