• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My Darth Nihilus Champions of the Force Build

Janovsky36

So I am getting my costume from Wicked Armor because it looks sick and I understand he is a trusted member who is well respected as a vendor too.

here is a picture of his costume. The gloves I ordered are awesome and super comfy as well, they are made by Milwaukee leather. My saber that is arriving in Feb. is a hand made custom Darth nihilus saber, it is pictured below. It will have all the works: Nano Biscotte v3 soundboard with 2 fonts, removable red dayblade, covertech clip, and flash on clash. 

166598_10150147023234505_4015081_n.jpg

1913598_10150147023279505_2268053_n.jpg

shopping.jpg

IMG_20161002_042942606_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161002_043003917_HDR.jpg

nihilus.jpg

Hi and welcome

I´m sorry to say it, but the gloves looks wrong, they do not reach high enough up on your arm and are not gauntleted the right way - as to the CRL :

• The black leather gloves are gauntleted with a shaft reaching halfway up the forearm.
  • There is no flare on the gauntlet.
  • The gloves must be free of straps, buckles, snaps, or extra decorations.

Here is a link for the photo from the CRL :  http://databank.501st.com/databank/File:SL_nihilus_cotf_gloves.jpeg  -  like on the pic from WA, you can see, how high the gloves go.

I really like your saber and looking forward to see your costume finished.

Edit :  I found a link for a pair, that are more correct and actually the ones, I think, that most of us use... : http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-BLACK-MEDIEVAL-RENAISSANCE-GAUNTLET-GLOVES-MADE-IN-USA-/171054688953

Edited by Heavy1973
  • Like 1

Just to make sure. Can we see your gloves worn with a full shot of your arm? They'll need to verify that with the approval photos as well.

Also verify with your seller that your belt was ordered several sizes larger than you're used to since Nihilus has 4+ bunched layers around the waist. Those belts are expensive and you don't want to get them in the wrong size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving the saber, I am going to order one sometime in the future. I have those gloves linked up above and they are good gloves and are accurate. 

Can't wait to see your Nihilus!! You are making me impatient for mine to be done lol :vader:

Loving the saber, I am going to order one sometime in the future. I have those gloves linked up above and they are good gloves and are accurate. 

Can't wait to see your Nihilus!! You are making me impatient for mine to be done lol :vader:

Yeah I have been talking to Wicked Armor about mine! It should be done in a couple of weeks! 

Much better gloves  :wink:  - they look a bit big on you, but hopefully, when you get the costume, it will not be so visible.

I hope I don't have to find another pair of gloves because that is the style of how he makes those.....

I hope I don't have to find another pair of gloves because that is the style of how he makes those.....

I got baby hands so the gloves MWA made me got rejected by my GML. Are you able to pick things up okay with your gloves?

I got baby hands so the gloves MWA made me got rejected by my GML. Are you able to pick things up okay with your gloves?

Yeah perfectly fine

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk