• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Delaware Mara Jade WIP

SteveAsaurus

Hey guys,

My fiance and I are starting her Mara Jade Bodysuit build. As of now we have purchased the McCall's M7217 pattern and are looking into what fabric to use. We are thinking that the "Cosplay by Yaya Han 4-Way Ultrapreme Fabric" at Joann's would be the best bet. any suggestions?

http://www.joann.com/cosplay-by-yaya-han-4-way-ultrapreme-fabric-black/14749170.html

Hey guys,

My fiance and I are starting her Mara Jade Bodysuit build. As of now we have purchased the McCall's M7217 pattern and are looking into what fabric to use. We are thinking that the "Cosplay by Yaya Han 4-Way Ultrapreme Fabric" at Joann's would be the best bet. any suggestions?

http://www.joann.com/cosplay-by-yaya-han-4-way-ultrapreme-fabric-black/14749170.html

I haven't seen it in person, but it looks reasonable from the website. When you go in, take the pattern with you and make sure it has sufficient stretch. The pattern has a guide as to how stretchy it needs to be on the back.

Also, the pattern is a very good one to work with. It's what I used and I approve of it wholeheartedly.

Unsure of the rumors, but I heard some pretty terrible things about Yaya's fabric line, including everything from poor lifespan in terms of quality and durability, all the way down to people having terrible effects from the dyes they use. Before you commit, try to get just a small swatch and see how it holds up to the "beatdown" of changing, storage, and extended periods of time being stretched every which way like it would as you troop and naturally move.