• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Additional Darth Revan Reference Photos

DarthValkyria

Here are some more clipped shots from various in game screenshots from both KOTOR and KOTOR 2 showing the details of Revan's armor that I've collected from in game captures as well as other's captures.

10298603_922483364470213_7874662793123819299_o.jpg

This one shows the overall details of the full outfit plus finer details on the mid section as well as capelet, and the drape of the hood and the shoulders.

10985272_922483507803532_6544863204397778489_n.jpg

This one shows the ring setup on the ab/kidney plates as well as the "bunched" shoulders vs pleats, fully enclosed hood, "bunched" sleeves, very nice bracer side detail, chest ring attachments (not clips here!), O-ring set-up, the strip over the square-toed boots, and the not easily seen "red strip" that spans the entire circumference of the ab and kidney plates, and seems to match the sash fabric in color.

11009119_922483431136873_3462800250006868173_n.jpg

More overall details showing the enclosed hood, hand plates, and the mask, similar details to the previous photo.

11052867_922483344470215_8292252049552935439_o.jpg

This one show the "split skirt" design that shows either "puffy seams" or pleats are feasible based on the game files, with more shots of the full boots.

11313018_922483367803546_2623595870838852286_o.jpg

While not the "Darth Revan" version, it does show a nice detail of the back of the upper armor with ring count.

Edited by DarthValkyria

These are fantastic and so appreciated it's nice to see multiple views of Revan rather than just going with a basic build of what somebody else has made and interpreted as Revan.

Rev's design is so detailed and so gorgeous and I think that a lot of nuances in this costume are more often missed so seeing these photos is really good reminder just how detailed he is.

Sooooo this is what I managed to pull up from KOTOR II. 720p was the best I could pull. I used the "NPC" stuff to make sure it wasn't custom stuff or mods.

From what I can tell, they are the same hilt, so if you decide to go with the simple game file version OR the Star Wars Encyclopedia version, just make sure you have 2!

2.PNG

1.PNG

15 hours ago, Kookaburra said:

This reference is a big help, dba5283d82627f1db30e97d4871e9e48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is also technically not official as it was created externally by an artist friend of Spanos. We still utilize it, but it isn't a first level reference.

It is also technically not official as it was created externally by an artist friend of Spanos. We still utilize it, but it isn't a first level reference.

Looks like just ripped game files to me. I could just try to rip the game files my self to confirm this if you want. Then would confirm it to be official.

For how old and unsure these are, that could be helpful.

Had it confirmed they are intact the game models. Maybe 2006 2007 in artist who was responsible for the porting of the game Kotor two PC for Activision took it upon himself to make these screenshots of many of the games characters.

At least that saves me from having to rip the models myself.

So this is an official model from the game. Maybe the best reference to follow.

On 5/5/2022 at 6:33 PM, Kookaburra said:

Had it confirmed they are intact the game models. Maybe 2006 2007 in artist who was responsible for the porting of the game Kotor two PC for Activision took it upon himself to make these screenshots of many of the games characters.

At least that saves me from having to rip the models myself.

So this is an official model from the game. Maybe the best reference to follow.

So are these official CRL references? I'm in the process of making what I hope to be final tweaks for approval and this seems to be the clearest images of some things..

In particular, there's discussion about whether the ring the red sash hangs from is centered or off center on the body (here it is obviously off center) as well as how the knife pleats hang on the cape. My current cape is pretty much completely vertical because it's stitched every foot or so to hold the pleats together, but the cape I'm making to replace it, I intend on allowing the pleats to fan out a little from the waist down like they do in this image. I just think it looks better..

If anyone would post pics of approved boots.  I am not sure my malfunction, but I find something wrong with every pair of boots I look at.  I don’t know if I am being too literal, or just not experienced enough.  If you can post your boots and where you got them.  

I would be your best friend.

If anyone would post pics of approved boots.  I am not sure my malfunction, but I find something wrong with every pair of boots I look at.  I don’t know if I am being too literal, or just not experienced enough.  If you can post your boots and where you got them.  

I would be your best friend.

Here are mine, 764a64e47923f89ce111a0e7d0eb5490.jpg
d56b0e2617432f1b49704d39e010bbf2.jpg
b088092f3110840070c80ab25e3bba44.jpg