• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Help on New Ventress

ladyb

BTW, how long does it take to get the whole costume on?

The costume or the make-up? :lol:

Putting on the outfit takes 3-6 minutes. The make-up took 2-3 hours, but it was the first time we did it properly with Shawn's expert help, so maybe it won't take as long next time (the cap now cut to size and patterns made etc).

Guest Daritha

The costume: 3 minutes

The make-up: 3 hours

The feeling of being Asajj Ventress: Priceless.

Want to say: Great work. :)

3 hours? Mine only takes 40 minutes to an hour.

That's lovely it only takes you 40 minutes. More power to you.

It was the first time doing the make-up properly and we took our time. We took some breaks in the process, took some extra time to shoot video and photos so hopefully in the future I can replicate the process (it has been years since I used my actual airbrush as opposed to a digital one), as well as the time to cut the cap to size and make/refine the tattoo templates, etc. It shouldn't take as long in the future, but we deferred to Shawn's expert hand and were very happy with the results, in many shots she does indeed look bald, and the cap looks very much like living skin, the details were brilliant.

And I love your black fingernails, too!! A gal's gotta look a bit glam!

Me too, I think they looked quite nice.

(LadyB's husband)

Guest Sakara

first time i did the makeup i remember it taking around 2 hours...and i made mistakes..i learnt as i went along and although ive not done Asajj in a long time the last time i did her it only took me about an hour to do. That was all handpainted work, no airbrushing or anything.

I was told by a film professional makeup artist that applying a bald cap over long hair is one of the hardest things to get looking correct and i had done a fantastic job for someone whod never done it before. he told me it was as professional a job as any he'd done. That made me feel very acomplished.

Indeed well said. It is a pain to get into, but is rather impressive when she does.

We're doing a "relay for life" event this evening for cancer research and so she will dawn it again (was party of a 4th of July parade last week too).

It is nice to be official and out trooping. We did a Relay for Life event in our town to help raise money for Cancer research, and another one coming this Friday in a neighbouring city.

RFL_Group.jpg

RFLBrita_Asajj.jpg

It was fun and had the surprise of having Mark Fordham able to come too. He was great.

AsajjVader.jpg

Great pics! Very scary and yet sexy at the same time :wink:

I'm curious, since you've 'become' Ventress a couple of times now, are you finding it quicker and easier to put on the bald cap and makeup every time you do it?

Yes it is quicker now, with the templates made and the cap cut and whatnot. I think that time it was about an hour and a half, but we were talking and telling stories and stuff so it probably didn't need to take quite so long as it did. Shawn has been very helpful and I think my husband and I could probably do it on or own decently. We'll see either way as there is another Relay for Life event in a neighbouring town on Friday night. :)

The second Relay for Life event went well, we had a smaller group but were able to help raise some money. One girl there was very excited, Asajj was her favortie character, she was very happy.

AsajjFriend2.jpg

Guest Sakara

Its ALWAYS blonde girls in pink that love Assaj! i had 2 of them at the last big event i did as her, wouldnt leave me alone bless em!

Guest Daritha

Good girls are not only liking bad guys. *g*

Your Ventress is looking damn good. And I think the little girl would agree with me. :)

Probably, her father emailed me,

" I asked her if she enjoyed spending time with Asajj Ventress and she said, "She was SO beautiful!" She had the time of her life, and has hardly stopped talking about it."

Guest Anonymous

The best part of trooping for me is the little girls that think Asajj is awesome.

Kind of suprising too, good for them for liking the badass female characters.

Guest Daritha

Often the badass character is the only strong female. Beside Leia we don't really have strong female characters who play a major role in the movies (and series). And: I don't count Ahsoka. She is a child ... and stresses my nerves!

Ventress is a logical choice there; and a cool one too. Danger and sexyness are never so close together in one character. :wink:

Guest Sakara

SOOOO should have had her as the villianess in AOTC instead of Dooku. that was the original idea..until ol Lucas wanted Christopher Lee in one of his films (not that C. Lee isnt awesome) but oh gods would i have loved to have seen a real Ventress in the main saga

Guest Daritha

This fact is familiar to me. I not include it here because since I've stoped to complain about Lucas's Prequel conceptions I have a lot of more time ... to complain about his The Clone Wars conceptions. -.-

Guest Sakara
This fact is familiar to me. I not include it here because since I've stoped to complain about Lucas's Prequel conceptions I have a lot of more time ... to complain about his The Clone Wars conceptions. -.-

oh dont get me started on that....GRRRRR :x

Guest Anonymous

I would have loved for Asajj to be in AOTC. Would have made that bland movie so much more interesting. Plus I would be more recognisable when trooping.

I don't know why, but I always imagined her being played by an African woman. They just seem naturally beautiful, tall and slender with amazing bone structure and great voices.

Would have brought something unusual to the character.

Guest Sakara
I would have loved for Asajj to be in AOTC. Would have made that bland movie so much more interesting. Plus I would be more recognisable when trooping.

I don't know why, but I always imagined her being played by an African woman. They just seem naturally beautiful, tall and slender with amazing bone structure and great voices.

Would have brought something unusual to the character.

yeah thats how i often see her, like a elegant somalian woman - think Iman..long slender, long neck, graceful.

It would have been interestingly different to have her in AOTC and ROTS, but we'll never know...maybe something for an infinities comic or something. ;)

LadyB is clearly not Somalian, but I still think she plays the part of Asajj well. This is from a Toys for Tots fundraiser over the weekend:

AsajjStrikes.jpg