• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Help on New Ventress

ladyb

Guest Sakara

Similarly I shook my hands at the sky when the designers took away her skirt for the computer animated iteration of this character, having her instead hopping about in her tights like some flittering pixie.

YES YES and thrice YES...aswell as giving her a constantly gurning expression, they took away her swishy skirt...i only ever watched the film and thought dear gods what tripe. i havent watched any more of the drivel.

I really like the boots you've got pictured here, I really like the wedge heel. Can you tell me where you got them?

I love a wedge heel too :) There is a store locally that sells them regularly and I even managed to get a pair in white for my Gentle Giant Leia (in my icon). They do not have the same lovely gloss ladyb's have but they work with the artwork :)

http://www.no1shoes.co.nz/ning-wedgebt-black-7.html

This but in PU rather than faux suede :)

Would love to know ladyb's source too ;)

Ladyb: sorry to hear about your daughter. Hospital is not a fun place to be at all and I hope her recovery is swift and she can return home soon :)

A question on make-up for anyone who would like or better still those who could answer definatively,

Her fingernails, if not wearing gloves. White or black nail polish?

Guest Sakara

Id go with black.

to me white just look weird, plus of course when i do Assaj, im pale grey not white.

Guest Daritha

This is not directly from one of the figures but you can see her fingernails close up. They're kind of gray or even violet I think but I'm unsure if the TCW Ventress's fingernails are a good source for this costume type (btw: I'd stumbled over a ... uhm, another "costume").

draft_lens2095038module10701389photo_1217432110asajj-ventress.jpg

Guest Sakara

yes the clone wars version is SO different from the rest of the Ventress versions id hasten to say to consider it a different character costume entirely.

Guest Sakara

found this picture -

unleashed_back.jpg

from the unleashes figure...here you can see dark nails.

In comics and such theyre usually left same colour as hands..but i believe that down to time...same with both the cartoons and cheaper action figures

i believe the delux version of the Sideshow Asajj has painted nails, the cheaper version doesnt.

Im sure if you looked at say Shakti in the comics her black/white striped nails would be plain red same as her hands to save time. In fact she doesnt have the fancy nails in her doll either.

Black is always very striking...

Having said that, silver nails would look pretty good too. OPI do a really great silver polish that I've been eyeing off for a while.

I wonder if Sith Apprentices are permitted to visit a manicurist...

Guest Sakara
Black is always very striking...

Having said that, silver nails would look pretty good too. OPI do a really great silver polish that I've been eyeing off for a while.

I wonder if Sith Apprentices are permitted to visit a manicurist...

oh yeah ive seen a lovely gunmetal colour varnish that would work too...and Barry M do an opaque grey varnish...similar to some of the really expensive salon brands

from the unleashes figure...here you can see dark nails.

In comics and such theyre usually left same colour as hands..but i believe that down to time...same with both the cartoons and cheaper action figures

i believe the delux version of the Sideshow Asajj has painted nails, the cheaper version doesnt.

Im sure if you looked at say Shakti in the comics her black/white striped nails would be plain red same as her hands to save time. In fact she doesnt have the fancy nails in her doll either.

I think they were white in the comics just to give the colorist a break as well.

As for for the unleashed we've got that one, picked it up on clearance for not too much. I just wanted to check and see on the nails so I do it right when I submit the membership pictures. My husband suggested black, but it isn't in the standards (and maybe shouldn't be). I just didn't want to have something like that hold up approval.

Thanks for everyones comments.

Alright well it is official, Shawn, SL-6942 is going to help me at the Armour Party we're doing this Saturday and we're going to do the make-up and cap and get the submission pictures. Wish me luck, thanks for everyone's help and suggestions thus far. :D

Ooooooo.... can't wait to see the pics!! :D:D:D

From my own experience with the makeup, I highly recommend highlights and lowlights on the bald head to make it look more realistic. But you probably knew that already :wink:

• Like 1

From my own experience with the makeup, I highly recommend highlights and lowlights on the bald head to make it look more realistic. But you probably knew that already :wink:

Yes a very good suggestion, as my husband and my earlier attempts proved very marshmellowish. Shawn is a pro so hopefully it turns out well, for all of my hussbands viusual skills (http://www.mcapell3d.com) he's mediocre with make-up, but will hopefully learn some techniques he can airbrush in the future for me. ;)

Guest Sakara

yeah i found blending of a light and darker grey on the head to baldcap helped create a natural look.

Problem with Asajj is she has a very smooth bald head...no stubble or anything so she has the hardest head to recreate. I usually find gradually adding slightly darker tones away from the cap towards the crown seems to help create than illussion...although there is always a light source somewhere that will give away the bald cap no matter how good your paintjob is lol

Alright the make-up and photo shoot went well, I had lots of fun and am happy with the pictures. I'm sending the application photos to my local GML tomorrow and will share some we've messed around with here:

AsajjCloseUp.jpg

AsajjSide.jpg

AsajjCapeBack.jpg

Snarl.jpg

AsajjKneel.jpg

And even had a little down time at the rest of the Armour Party:

AsajjDownTime.jpg

Guest Sakara

Looking fantastic!!! BRAVO INDEED! the bald cap looks very well put on and the makeup is very well done

Thanks for the many kind words. I've sent my photos off to my GML.

My husband threw this one together last night too:

AsajjKneelingDooku.jpg

You have my backing.

Be sure to point to your reference images.

Bravo.

Many thanks, let me know if I can provide anything else, I've gotten Willy (our GML) a couple things he requested.

It was a fun photo shoot:

AsajjcapeOut.jpg

AsajjcapeOut2.jpg

Guest Anonymous

That is kickass, all comes together quite nicely. Definitley going to get approved.

BTW, how long does it take to get the whole costume on?