• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Hello from Spain.

isis

Hello from Spain. I'm starting the suit Visas Marr. I started to buy some things like boots and fabrics. I'm starting and I want to know if they are appropriate things I have. Thank you.

post-1783-0-07064900-1468598140_thumb.jpg

post-1783-0-13601500-1468598190_thumb.jpg

post-1783-0-13984200-1468598175_thumb.jpg

Hello again. I decided that a company printed the pattern, because at home I have no place to work at home. Can this be a problem? Thank you.

Hi

Yes it can be a problem since it states in the CRL that the color needs to be a faint grey - but perhaps you can weather it with a grey color afterwards or get the company to change the color to grey ??

Hello again. Here I show the painting in the eyes of the veil and sleeves. I hope to go ahead with my progress. Greetings.

IMG_20160820_182945_zpswr7wwjos.jpg

IMG_20160820_191737_zpsaszfcb8b.jpg

IMG_20160820_191742_zpshbppe9kr.jpg

IMG_20160821_200827_zpscmvgnhsw.jpg

IMG_20160821_200837_1_zpsadihuu27.jpg

at the top of this section there is a tutorial from Twe'lek pam that is very good. I would use hers as a reference. But I think your off to a good start. its going to take several tries before you get it right. It took me 3 years to build my fett. I threw it in the trash on several occasions. Haha. Whats the fabric you have in the picture? I need to build this costume for my girlfriend and im just starting. 

Hello, fabrics are cotton. The color is burgundy and red belt. If you need anything else feel free to ask by mail or as you want. Thank you.

• Like 1

Hello, here I show the result of painting in the bottom of the veil. I inform you that I have standard tracing patterns in the same fabric to actual size, A1.He format used in editing programs such as Autocad drawings and images and Photoshop for these patterns. If someone needs something to send me a message. I hope you like it. Greetings.

IMG_20160908_191349_zpskqtaypg7.jpg

Para%20mostrar_zpsjpbatgtz.jpg

Hello, I'll show you three photographs ofthe overdress. As do the picture with more or less light, drawing embellishments are of a darker or lighter color. Here I show you the problem I have when taking pictures for discharge. But I can assure you that the lines of the drawings are light gray. So I picture with frame skin sample, which have not yet been cut to show the light gray with white background. If there is a clear reflection of light at the time of taking the picture, the color changes completely white, and if you take the picture from some distance, looks white.

IMG_20160911_115941_zpswvw66usg.jpg

IMG_20160911_120431_zpstbgbrhq6.jpg

IMG_20160911_120452_zpsqp3uwcfq.jpg

Edited by isis

Hi, thanks for appreciation. It is difficult to repaint the already printed again and darken skin. The drawing black skin is shiny, which makes its once bright gray color pattern. There's a fellow here in Spain that has the same suit and is the one recommended this because it's printed cloth which she used to make her suit in February this year and had no problems.

Hello, I'll show you three photographs ofthe overdress. As do the picture with more or less light, drawing embellishments are of a darker or lighter color. Here I show you the problem I have when taking pictures for discharge. But I can assure you that the lines of the drawings are light gray. So I picture with frame skin sample, which have not yet been cut to show the light gray with white background. If there is a clear reflection of light at the time of taking the picture, the color changes completely white, and if you take the picture from some distance, looks white.

IMG_20160911_115941_zpswvw66usg.jpg

IMG_20160911_120431_zpstbgbrhq6.jpg

IMG_20160911_120452_zpsqp3uwcfq.jpg

I agree with Heavy, The grey is too bright. It needs to be a darker grey so that there is less contrast between the grey and the black leather. It is painstaking, but you can go over it with a darker grey by hand after you test it on the sample piece. It will be a pain in the ass, but that's what sets an approved costume against one that is not approved; the approved went the extra mile to be accurate to the resources. 

Hello again. I did another test with another product to dye the skin. I believe and hope it is the ultimate solution. It is other than the above. Just expand homogenously for all sites.

IMG_20160919_173758_zpspcdhnswc.jpg

IMG_20160919_173655_1_zpskhhcsviy.jpg

Hello here I show pictures of the veil and the almost complete inner robe. The veil still need to cut and sew whole. It is caught with needles. As for the sleeves of his robe, you can see the slightly shorter than the left and right. The problem is that I have the right arm shorter than the left (suffer a cerebral palsy as right hemiparesis), and if I reach the right side to match it with the left, the right sleeve would stand up to the wrist and then there is as it indicated in the CRL. I can extend the right sleeve a little more to equalize the two sides. I hope you understand this physical problem I have. Any advice?Thank you.

IMG_20160929_191328_zpseunqk8qv.jpg

IMG_20160929_192350_zps9sosmgzj.jpg

IMG_20160929_192400_2_zpsznzf6mok.jpg

IMG_20160929_192414_zpslewcguvv.jpg

IMG_20160929_192430_zpsn566ugnd.jpg

IMG_20160929_192432_zpsvci6vaac.jpg

Very nice work - you look great :wink:

As to you having a right arm that is shorter than the left - no one will criticize you on that, that´s just one of lifes small bumps on ones road.

As to the sleeves, do make the sleeves the same lenght by getting the right one a bit longer - when you have the gloves on, I don´t think anyone will notice, that your arms are not the same lenght + when you send in the approval pics, just write it in the notes - the GML team will have that in mind.