• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Funny Requests While Trooping

Kylo Revan

We were finishing up a troop at the Aquarium of the Americas here in New Orleans and were on our way out when we stopped for a few guys to take one more picture. A guy came up to me and got my attention to ask if I had ever done the running man before, and if I would do the running man with him while his buddy recorded it.

So here I am in full Revan costume, I don't really dance at all, but hey, who am I to refuse a request for someone, right? Yea, I did my best to do the running man with this guy. Fortunately I guess I performed accurately because he seemed pretty excited afterwards. I just never certainly expected a request like that when I started trooping with the 501st. Fortunately, my wife and other friends weren't around to video me as well!

Anyone else had any wacky type requests?

I never get wacky requests because I usually do those kinds of things voluntarily!! Dancing as Revvy is always a classic :) but one time I did have a drunk guy try and take my lightsaber ): nooooo with low visibility in Revans mask I never even saw him coming either ... He sort of just appeared out of no where. It scared me haha

That sounds way more dangerous than funny though! I haven't been at any events where lots of alcohol is involved so that hasn't been an issue, plus I don't normally wander alone since I limited vision.  Mostly it's the kids I can't see sneaking up on me but I try to keep a large area of awareness at least.

I can't imagine dancing too much because I have a hard enough time walking up stairs without stepping on my hakima as it is! I'm glad I didn't faceplant while trying to dance!  I'm sure I looked like a total goober though.

Lmao goober!!!! I totally get the hakama problems but where there's a will there's a way!! I did DDR in Revan at ep VII movie premiere lmao that was so intense xD like it was super bad but so funny. And yeah our troop was across the street from a bar so some drunk came wandering over. A friend was with me but I guess that didn't stop him :/ he wanted the shiny - at least when I resisted giving him the saber he walked away and never came back :) errrrr

Not EU costumes, but this thread made me laugh and I experienced a good one back in March while still a spotter. It was a birthday party and Darth Maul and a Biker Scout were asked to go on the dance floor and dance with everyone and then they ended up dancing for like an hour! the macarena was somehow the funniest. It was funny because they weren't the spotlight at that moment, they were just out there like everyone else mixed in the crowd. The pictures just don't even do it justice. I tried to just insert a couple photos here, but it isn't working for some reason :(  Well, here is a link of the photos if you want to see:  http://www.picbarrels.com/March-2016-Batmitzmah/  

• Like 1

Yasssss! While pics can never, truly portray some of the more highlighted points at a troop those are still some great shots!!

Right?! Looks like Maul and the trooper (on the couch) are on a talk show LMAO

Host: Soooo ... what's it like being a Sith Lord?!"

Maul: *silence*

*laughter track plays*