• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Canon, eligibility of Sith Stalker version

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Yesterday I downloaded the Jedi temple level for the force unleashed (XB360) and gave it a go. (warning spoilers) Basically, you are dropped into the jedi temple on a personal mission to learn about your father. after fighting through several rooms of troopers and training droids, you enter a chamber where you are instructed by the spirit of your father that although the dark side is strong in you, you can still be saved, but you must undergo the trials.

After a few puzzles that you solve using the force, you fall into a chamber where you come face to face with the sith stalker version of yourself, and in the fight you realize that the stalker is you (the helmet comes off) and you eventually defeat him and wake up back in the chamber where you saw your father's spirit. Where you hear the stalker versions voice say, "you can never escape me"

So, I think this is very important because it opens up the possibility (I believe) that the sith stalker armor could be 501 eligible. I am basing this observation on the following:

1.) the appearance in the level put the armor in the story line, it could be considered canon

2.) he is obviously a bad guy

3.) Like the training outfit, this version did appear in more media than just the game. Just from the top of my head, I have seen it in

-The force unleashed (XB360

-Vader's apprentice evolutions figure pack

-The art and making of the force unleashed

Like the training gear we will need a discussion on this topic, so lets hear what everyone thinks.

Guest Anonymous

I am aware of the vader-stine ending. But the issue is when you see the armor there it is definatly not canon since Starkiller did not kill Vader. therefore going by that scene alone Sith Stalker version would be unacceptable for the 501

However, my argument was since it appears in the Jedi Temple level, which fits in the canon story, the sith stalker armor could be considered cannon and allowed into the 501.

As this is a download and also not part of the original Force Unleashed storyline, that it would not count as canon. Even though it may be in the game....it's not part of the core storyline that Lucasarts has blessed off as "canon."

As for eligibility, that's not for us to say....that's for the council/LMO to say.

Guest Daritha

As far as I know it's not officially approved yet nor has the discussion evolved. In trust, I don't think the costume will make it into the 501st. Ist marvelous, no debate about this, but the only appearence is in the dark-side ending of TFU. And you need at least three sources for an costume/character to be approved.

Too bad. :(

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm with Daritha. My guess is that this will not end up as an approved 501st costume, for exactly the reasons stated. But if you like the costume... you should do it anyway!!! :D

Actually the sources exist. The game ending, the action figure, and I do believe that there's a Gentle Giant bust either out or coming out.

But, until somebody actually finishes one to meet the existing references and submits it, it'll have no chance of being accepted as a costume for the legion. :-)

¡BINGO!

And know that such a costume submission for the 501st will be scrutinized very closely. Remember The Ultimate Evil incarnation of Galen Marek has a front, and a back. Tubes and prosthetics. And Zombie Skin. ¡Oh my!

To do such a costume just would take years. 1-3 Glorious years..

Be well,

Thomas

¡BINGO!

And know that such a costume submission for the 501st will be scrutinized very closely. Remember The Ultimate Evil incarnation of Galen Marek has a front, and a back. Tubes and prosthetics. And Zombie Skin. ¡Oh my!

To do such a costume just would take years. 1-3 Glorious years..

Be well,

Thomas

which means you're estimating 2 years to finish yours? :P I hought it looked pretty darn close to begin with

Guest IC-7989

So there are two definate sources: game and bust, what about the novel or the dark horse comic?

Guest Daritha

@Arelyx: Neither the novel nor the comic mentioned or depicted the Sith Stalker. Nontheless, the novel doesn't count since there must be visual references.

@MothMonty: Are books like those two are even official sources or references?

Guest IC-7989

So the concept art within the game counts as a different source than the actual CG representation that is in game? I guess I just considered the whole game itself to be one source.

Guest Daritha

The game itself is indeed one source but if the Stalker is depicted in the Art Book as well its a second source.

In general it could be the same picture of him in e.g. the TFU Art Book and an official licensed SW Encyclopedia. They're different books which depicted him and so two different sources.

For example Darth Andeddu could be made into a costume since he was shown in at least three different source: You have a picture of him (via his holocron) in a Star Wars Republic comic issue and two issues of Star Wars Legacy (#5 and #27). As far as I know the Sith Stalker is shown in the dark side ending of the TFU game and surely in some pictures inside the Art Book (I'd not own it). If theres a action figure, a whatever-inch statuette, a booster pack with his picture for the Wizards of the Coast RPG or anything else that counts as a third source.

The next step?

For someone to complete the costume. Front and back, full prosthetic arm and tattoo. No short cuts. Just one long labour of love.

It is not until there's a completed costume to contend with that serious consideration for the character's approval in the 501st will begin.

Still this discussion will be invaluable when the tyme comes.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest IC-7989

There is an alternate costume of the sith stalker that you get with the jedi temple download that gives you a full look of the tattoo. Its the one where the stalker is more cyborg than anything else, with his organs in jars...cool and creepy at the same time :)

Guest IC-7989

Thought I would ask for people's opinions on this, as I just saw it on wookiepedia:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_stalker_armor

What is the credibility of the statement: "Though this is non-canon, this armor's appearance in the novel brings it into official canon."?

I'm curious because other than the need for at least 3 references and a well done costume, I have no idea if how the process of inducting new costumes works. Not sure if the statement above is true or if it makes any difference.

cannon vs noncannon - the question of the ages....

if I recall correctly its mentioned in the book when he's having the halucination about his inner darkness and light butting heads. so while the alternate ending is a non-cannon ending, since it's represented in his dream the person who added that believes it then becomes cannon. for a better point of reference it would be as cannon as a headless vader from the swamp scene in ep5. personally I would love to agree with him, but it really comes down to the command staff when it comes to doing the costume and Lucas himself when it comes to everything else.

Guest Daritha

This would mean that there a second Stalker version. But since "The Ultimate Sith Edition" is non-canon, I don't know what this means to the canocity of the costume. I mean, hey: They make a whole new game about this. If that coun't nothing ... :?: