• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

SL-13377 Dawn Bright - Battle Damage Vader

Kylo

Finally setting out again to work on my Battle Damage Vader again.

I had previously set out to make it nearly two years ago and through some research id found a member of the 501st who had already completed the costume. Funny enough it was another woman. She had made the costume in memory of her mother who had cancer. I wont share the details but her costume was made with damage on the opposite side. Her name is Li Reznick.

I tracked her down trying to gather information on making the suit, as it turned out she lived less than 40 miles from me and she graciously allowed me to have her Battle Damage Vader suit. I was forever in her debt.

Ive now trooped in her suit for two years and done 20+  events in this costume. However I know this costume would never be approved as the damage is on the wrong side even if i were to upgrade it to the exact look and design.

Here is a few photos of me in my costume

uf7gbe2.jpg

vW8jeom.jpg

fnYFvfL.jpg

k5ZlNlG.jpg

I wont be starting on this until after easter but i am going to gather as much reference as I can (just like before) and go head first into this. :D

Edited by Amidala
  • Like 2

I realize ill be building everything from the ground up. I plan on starting with a Rubies Deluxe Vader base. 

The version of this costume I will be doing is "Phase 3" 

Phase 1: Normal TFU Vader

Phase 2: Mildly Damaged

Phase 3: Moderate Damage (pre-death)

I feel like the best version of this costume is phase 3. It makes for a good look and design. 

The one piece I did hand make was my mask (which you can see above) Ill be using that. Its a full latex prosthetic. 

Edited by Amidala
  • Like 1

Using this video you can see the costume I will be completing @ 4 m 27 s

1080p

Edited by Amidala
  • Like 1