• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Red Sash upgrade?

RevanRider

I personally have never seen Vinyl. But I personally wouldn't unless you went to the LA fabric district and found something INCREDIBLY thin. My neck seal on my Kylo is from super thin and flexible faux leather. Personally the in-game renders dont look anymore shiny between the sash and the robes. I would stick to the same type of material your robes are made from or your gonna have that "shiny vs non shiny" issue with cloth which occurs when you mix a high poly material (faux leather) with a non (like your robes made of cotton)

The only other way you could test this is by purchasing Real leather (which btw there was some super thin stuff i picked up @ FIDM last week), they were selling hundreds of pound of off purple light weight leather (thats easily dyable to burgundy) for 5$ for a HUGE sheet. The real leather wont shine. its natural (just like your robes) and wont create that stark look.

KotOR0002b_Med.jpg

Edited by Amidala

^^ that is what i thought as well which is why i mentioned the Super thin stuff. Id stick with a Linen or a nice cotton weave :)