• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Knights of Ren CRL's

Should we take these guys under TFE? if so, should we wait till more info is released in Ep 8/9 about them? All the hoopla over them is causing a stir in my garrison, so i need this answered asap...all the pics are online (google search)....5 Knights of Ren.

Are you referring to these pictures?

tumblr_o1fzsgYtuO1r1uyleo1_500.jpg

Ive been looking for pics of the knights of Ren for awhile and as far as i can tell these are just concept for Jedi killers. Have yet to see any conformation in anyway that they are in fact the Knights of Ren (other than fan speculation) If people in your garrison have seen other wise, I would love to see it! But for now, being that there are no images of their backs and sides, there isnt enough to do an accurate CRL.

Edited by Jaguars_soul

Also as far as I am aware the TFE is meant for expanded universe. The movies arent expanded universe. So they would fall under a different detachment (I could be wrong here, but this is my understanding of how TFE costumes work)

Edited by Jaguars_soul

There is a discussion going on currently on the main Legion boards about the need for a new detachment for underworld characters. The discussion has now branched that perhaps we need 2 new detachments, one for the "scum and villainy" which would be crime lords, gangsters, pirates,etc. And also the need for a new Canon Dark Side Detachment that would represent characters, such as the new Knights of Ren and the Inquisitors. I am making a Seventh Sister costume and I do NOT see her as Flagship, but at the same time, I don't see where she would fit. With this new and expanding group of characters, I think it is time the Legion took a good hard look at the detachments and perhaps made 1 or 2 new ones to accommodate the soon-to-be influx of new characters.

I'm a little tired of the "stick it in Flagship" attitude that has developed in the Legion. Yes, there are characters that still belong here, but we are getting too big to handle all the costumes we have. Our CRL's are lacking, many questions on characters go unanswered despite the Costume Mentors best efforts. Flagship needs to pull up it's boots and work hard to support the characters we currently have rather than trying to add more than we can handle. 

You can see the discussion here: http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=90008

• Like 3

I do believe that's what they saw...and yes i so agree with on them opening up new detachments for new characters. What's gonna happen with "Rouge One" and "Han Solo" movie? They can't all be in TFE as far as the Baddie's go. Seeing as how Clone Wars and Rebels are Canon, shouldn't the Nightsisters/Talzin, Savage, Ventress, etc be apart of that new Canon DS DET? To me it only makes since, and it would a starting ground for that new DET.

Yeah just got caught up on that thread, i agree there is a need for 2 new DET, Underworld Det is already being started, but the "New Canon Dark Side DET" (way too long) should have CW, Rebels and (2012-) Disney Era Characters that fit respectively, everything (1977-2012) would be ours includes SWTOR as EU. And of course if Snoke, Kylo or someone is a "DARTH" then they can moved to SLD...Thoughts???

Just my two cents, you know my costumes Darien as well for my love of the EU. But a costume needs to go where it best fits and at this time the Sith Lord Detachment would be the spot they could potentially get placed. 

On Legion 1sts and the KoR:

I (as a person who is working on a Snoke) I still wonder who exactly are these people?  (KoR and Snoke) We dont know enough about them and as much as i would love to see these costumes approved the simple answer is that we do not have enough reference on any of them at this time (Snoke Included) These people are the pinnacle of "DS". 

At this time if for some odd reason they were ever approved they could fall under the same instance as Sim Aloo, whom is a simple Denizin/Senator of the Imperial side. 

I think the best course of action is to just wait. We dont know who or why the KoR are doing what we are doing and we ..im sorry to say this, we know so little about these guys we dont even have clear shots of the color of their costumes (or shots of the costumes for that matter).

As much as I would think it would be cool, these are cannon movie bad guys not cannon EU bad guys :D

However, id leave it up to the Legion 1st to decide what path they would wish to walk.

On that detachment conversation: One thing of note is that many of the costumes he listed no ones even ever made.. so saying "lets make a detachment for a bunch of costumes cause someone might make em" is short sighted and creates a lot more work for the Legion on all ends.

(and to be real we have a million EU costumes people still havent made so to say these random pirate costumes "will be" and just to make a detachment for the "just in case" ..i just think that we could out our time and effort into other things.

We have strong detachments (this one included) who are plenty capable of handling more costumes.

We only are VERY unique in that we have many costumes but they are done by fewer members.

(as a pure example) Youve got 3000 approved Clean White TKs and 2 Starkiller Dark Apprentice Robes

Of course its never about members or "how many" i could care less about that, I am here to help and make friends and hold this detachment together and continue to watch it grow and progress, so while i would Never detur a KoR from being here I would wonder if the placement was correct.

MTFBWY My Lord Revan

Edited by Amidala
  • Like 1

You hit the nail on the head Dawn. We knew that when Disney took over, things were changing. So as representatives of LFL, WE as the 501st/RL gotta roll with punches too. Make the changes needed to function better as a legion and to allow more "New (Disney Era)" fans to experience the characters they are now seeing. I'm sure i'm not the only Revan that has been called "Kylo Ren" by new fans and well some old fans too. 

I get called Revan  hehehehe Though I am 100% sure its not as often as you get called Kylo

PS- Congrats to your lovely Bastila!

But yes, I do think we even have a larger issue at hand that we may need to rebrand more than one detachment and expand our mission statements to offer inclusion of more/multiple or different types of costumes.

The "First Imperial" Stormtrooper took  First Orders and Phasma and yet their name is "Imperial Storm Troopers" they clearly are not "Imperial"

The SITH Lords took Kylo Ren.. why? cause he is our new cannon movie bad guy and one of the forefront driving forces of the First Order

We @ TFE should be looking into taking any New Cannon EU Characters as they come (and they will come)

Edited by Amidala

We @ TFE should be looking into taking any New Cannon EU Characters as they come (and they will come)

I agree with this a lot. Will we only ever be "bad" EU characters or a home for anything non-canon?

I don't know if anyone here plays it, but there is a miniatures game called Imperial Assault by Fantasy Flight Games that have some seriously awesome characters. I tried asking where the smuggler would go through Rebel Legion but got basically nothing. I think there should be a serious think with both the 501st and Rebel Legion and some kind of plan put in place cause there's a lot of stuff coming out and the chaos right now isn't ideal.

I agree with this a lot. Will we only ever be "bad" EU characters or a home for anything non-canon?

I don't know if anyone here plays it, but there is a miniatures game called Imperial Assault by Fantasy Flight Games that have some seriously awesome characters. I tried asking where the smuggler would go through Rebel Legion but got basically nothing. I think there should be a serious think with both the 501st and Rebel Legion and some kind of plan put in place cause there's a lot of stuff coming out and the chaos right now isn't ideal.

Oh hey funny you mention the Rebel Legion. I am a costume judge with the Rebel Legion. Recently we have had some shifts with the detachments (specifically dealing with Rebel Support and the Smugglers) (we have a smuggler detachment) you may have just asked at the weirdest time when a lot of stuff was going on. However IF you go forward with that costume and decide to submit just take some mental note (maybe shoot a mail to the LMO if you cant truly decide) and just submit what you think it should be. 

Did you ask here? if not...

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=399

^^ Hope that helps

Edited by Amidala

Maybe I just asked in the wrong place as I stuck it in Rebel Supporters. It's here- http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69343&highlight=odan

While I get that anything *can* be approvable, it wasn't the most helpful of replies. If I actually plan on going ahead I might try to ask again where you suggest, but I've got two other costumes in the queue before Jyn.

There is still tons of room for new EU characters here in TFE. Don't get me wrong on that point. I just feel that with the potential for so many new badies, that new detachments that can focus on those costume better would be more helpful to costumers. We know that there will be more inquisitors, we know that there will be more knights of ren. Yes, it is good to wait and see how many and in what capacity they fall on the "force user" scale. But I think they would all be better suited to a new detachment. 

As for EU, I see expanded universe as those characters in the books, comics and games. There is still lots of new EU content being made. There are some kick ass bad guys in the game Star Wars: Uprising who I'd love to look at costuming one day. There are new comics coming out all the time we can look at as well. The idea that the EU is old or not canon is rather silly. There will be lots of new content for us and characters to costume. I feel that we need to make a distinction between TV/Movie bad guys, and then EU bad guys. If we clearly define those two sides, then the TFE will still have lots to offer for new costumes. But it does need to be agreed upon Legion wide. Sure we currently cover all "legends" characters, but that doesn't stop us from still being the home of EU characters. 

At the same token I want to make sure we don't end up being the 'catch all' for characters the Legion are unsure of. I know we will welcome all costumes here, but I am always concerned for the costumer themselves. It is important they end up in a detachment that is equipped to their best ability to help and support all those making a costume. 

• Like 1

Oh yes very true.

TFE is truly a unique detachment. We are the only detachment in the Legion where you can exist in two places at once example: having a sithlord EU character. However when that situation does arrise it can usually be easy to see where a costume should end up.

If it's not in the film's Id say here is the most logical place.

Though I see a slew of costumes making their home here when that begins to happen (and it will happen)

Edited by Amidala

Here's what I've always understood (before staying clear of main legion boards and a lot of the back & forth there)...

When I joined TFE ~2007/2008, the lines were pretty clear:

Movie force users = Sith Lord detachment

EU/non-canon darkside force users = TFE

...and as such,we have what there is today.  The talk of new detachments being needed sounds like the same "They should belong here" mess that the SL Detachment and TFE used to fight about earlier on when I 1st joined.  At one point in time, the SLD was arguing that Revan, etc should belong there because no matter origin, it had the Darth title.  Sounds like a new re-hashing of that same drama....if so, ugh.  

I see this discussion like I see the Metal discussion.... no need for all these sub-genre (sub detachments).  I mean, that sounds like they should split the IOC to an ISB-only detachment, face character officer detachment, etc.... a lot of unnecessary division.  Much like the invention of "Mathcore," "Metalcore," "Melodic Death Metal" and all that mess when it's still...just Metal.

Basically...my observation over the years is that:  There are several others in other detachments that have ALWAYS fought against TFE and what TFE has due to a lot of the EU bigotry that existed.  No such thing as EU anymore, so that leaves:  Canon (TV, film, etc) vs. Non-canon (which I will always call EU) and that line doesn't need further dissecting and really still is the same old arguments that have been floating around for almost a decade (or more).

*lurk mode back on*

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 5:15 AM, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

First step is someone has to make the costume.

Working on it.  It is easier for me to update and modify the Knights of Ren costumes rather than starting from scratch.

It has begun.  Two weeks ago, we (The Knights of Ren Facebook Group) found the boots worn by three of The Knights of Ren in the Vanity Fair on Amazon for $89.  The two Knights on the left and the one Knight on the right wear these boots.  We think these boots might just be “standard issue” for The Knights of Ren.

33CCD0F9-9D07-49DD-B68C-16240A91E721.thumb.jpeg.8f9f66b309ab80e1458398a1a56edae3.jpeg

FC1CF3CD-2335-42ED-83C6-00A15C9E0895.thumb.jpeg.4c8806a6cefd71b5a0b14bbbf0bc0f39.jpeg

99653B85-B46C-4474-9D13-6731516F832C.thumb.jpeg.63625c6540624a092dc3d78f6713778f.jpeg

35F431E6-A68C-4E0C-AD5B-41F5A0DC7ABF.thumb.jpeg.dea4be994c1199d30bd6f28ff1624e09.jpeg

63B2B23D-0EB4-479C-8833-F827A7E0FC5C.thumb.jpeg.f862e509a208cfbe5bfe8dd2a38a54e8.jpeg

Edited by goldenhawk

Right here? Come from Underworld Detachment and Sith Lord Detachment .... no one wants the KoR

Hello, 
I am in the process of creating a Knights of Ren - Cardo - costume and maybe the CRL to go with it.
For this I need information.
Pictures to Cardo there is unfortunately not much, especially not from the back!
I have so far used the official pictures, but there are many questions.
First and foremost, it is important to find a reference point on the costume, after which I can match the dimensions!
In my opinion, I can take 2 measurement points on the costume:
Diameter of the holes / holes of the Cardo helmet
Diopter with red rod/lighting point on the arm cannon
If I have these measurements, I can achieve all other measurements of the costume!
Currently I am waiting for some stuff that I can use to create a sample costume that I can use as a pattern afterwards!

Request information about:
Gloves Cardo (Biker Gloves : Held Gloves?)
Plasma Bolts - Toy? Softair grenade?
Detonators
Design of the collar
Bracers and greaves - hooks - coat hooks?
Helmet - for this I would like to convert a German Luftwaffe WW2 steel helmet, alternatively buy a kit or ready-made helmet
Leather - skin of the coat (large crocodile skin pattern)
Color of the costume : black or anthracite?
Blaster gun 3D print
Arm cannon 3D print
I already have the shoes 🙂 and a leather skin of the coat too!

As you can see, I need all the information on Cardo!
Thank you already about feedback!

Best regards
Dieter
DS28367
TS28367

-----------------

0b.0b.14.201425340FR1402.jpg

bolts.jpg

C7.jpg

C3.jpg

detail.jpg

schienen.jpg

sw8.jpg

Hi Bibi. 

I'm not quite sure about the live action CRL's  - We'll have to wait until the new LMO's are in situ, but if you are after another version of the KoR, they have been appearing in the Crimson Reign ongoing comic storyline working for Qi'ra, so they would in theory fall under us ( [mention=174]DarthValkyria[/mention]can confirm as DL) and they may have more references since there are a few sides missing. 

@Bibi Hi!  I'm a costume advisor for the underworld and I'm actively fighting for the knight of Ren to move back to underworld, I hope you have an update very soon for you.  The new comic only members would definitely fall under the flagship eclipse though.

• Like 1