• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starkiller (Tatooine Invasion) Build

andyyycam

Hi guys, new member here with first time posting!

I've been a cosplayer for about 8 years now and I love making everything myself so thought it was finally time to join a few friends of mine in doing a few Star Wars costumes.

Ever since playing The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition I knew I had to make this costume. Everything was hand made and took about a week to construct.

The belt and bandoliers are actually foam based with fabric glued on top and weathered. Helmet was a pepkura file and the first one I've worked on, took a total of 3 days to complete. The mouthpiece and nodules are 3D printed. The pieces on the bandoliers, nodules on the arms and lightsabers are all also 3D printed with some parts modelled by me too. The claws were just cut PVC plastic and the same for the arm blade piece.

All sewn components were from cottons, muslins and cheesecloths that were dyed and heavily weathered. Because of the natural fibres I did a lot of weathering by actually setting pieces on fire since they wouldnt melt and go horrible.

Looking forward to getting some feedback on here before I take the proper application photos

Thanks guys!

FULL BUILD PICS IN PHOTOBUCKET ALBUM -> http://s623.photobucket.com/user/kurai-kishi/library/Starkiller%20Build

post-1634-0-26771800-1457511133_thumb.jpgpost-1634-0-03422100-1457511145_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Can I just say.. *sequel* and LOVE! This is awesome! I will be back to check this lil baby out more later tonight, from here it LOOKS AMAZING!!

• Like 1

A few things (just skimmed it again):

As far as I know (can recall) we dont have a finished CRL for this costume yet

Just skimming the costume it looks nice (ill take a better look later)

My first recommendation is to get some good reference and screenshots of the original (post em here that would be awesome!)

Second: off the bat the biggest thing i notice is the color. You used rit dye brown/or tan and thinned it huh?

It always makes material pink. I think the color should be altered on the headpiece :D What I do is i use a tinge of dark brown and a smidgen of grey or black. for the parts you cant remove from a costume you can always paint it on (a diluted solution of it)

Edited by Amidala
  • Like 1

Ah awesome. I still have to add more colour depth into the head wraps since I didn't use sprays like I did with the other parts. I'll try and get she natural light photos soon too because in person it looks nicely sunbleached. But could use a little more tan brown

• Like 1

I found one (a single person approved with this costume)!!

Hows the costume coming?

Would still love to see some refs of the original *pulls out game*

Edited by Amidala

Good evening,

I am seeking to have the Costume Reference Library requirement removed from costume approvals.

That said we have been discussing your suit. Our staff and I feel you hit all the details, but colour stands out as strange. I think this can be remedied with reference. Dawn is looking into assisting with that as we speak. But sharing your own reference would be useful.

Here are a few approved (without CRL’s Starkiller: Dessert disguise) Legion Costumes for your own review;
11884678_890507090986588_283005885277192

10273319_681830538520912_708653431372977

I suggested the CRL in 2006 and made the first entries in 2007, it was never meant to be used to hinder approvals.

While seeking to remove the recent CRL requirement, I want to make it clear we welcome voluntary participation.
Currently it is mandatory.

Be well

I came back to state I would endorse your approval with this costume with little to no changes.

For CRL use, I would want to review your suit together with the approved members against reference material.

Be well

I came back to state I would endorse your approval with this costume with little to no changes.

For CRL use, I would want to review your suit together with the approved members against reference material.

Be well

thanks mate! i actually wanted the headwrap to be a bit darker upon looking back at more reference and so it matches the rest of the costume a bit more. shall put up photos shortly

Submitted photos for approval the other week, still waiting on the response hehe. Knew it wouldn't be a quick one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk