• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Next Germany Darth Revan WIP

Chris

Hi to all out there in the world.

My name is Christian and this will be my second costume. My first is a 327th Star Corps trooper http://www.501st.de/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=958&rowstart=260

My armor is ordered and will be send in the next weeks to me. It's a MWA Deluxe armor with mask and undermask. Boots I will order a pair of Knobelbecher, old boots which are used in the WW2. The Hakama only must be cut cause it's to long. 

The cape and hood I want to do by myself. Are there any sewing patterns which I can use? I want to combinate both things in one because I don't think he wear a two pice robe and it will be easyer to put it on by trooping.

I hope some of you can help me.

Thanks 

Christian

Hello! yes Ive seen the cape and hood done as one or two parts. I just made a new hood and capelet for one of my friends. I do recommend making the capelet and hood as one and the cape as another as all of the hooks work separate.

Edited by Amidala

So for the cape I think i purchased around 5 yards of material?? and then I just pleated it. The pleats I believe are Box pleats.

http://www.sew4home.com/tips-resources/sewing-tips-tricks/how-make-box-pleat-standard-and-inverted

The pattern would be so simple it just involves you ironing these pleats and sewing the bottom and top and affixing the hooks.

The capelet is another story,

I took 1.5 yards of material and made 3 pleats at the bottom and sewed them down (so they arent free flowing pleats) and then i wrapped that around the costumer and i tacked in the top around him and sewed around the neck. 

Then i made the hood.

On Revan the shape is VERY unique and iconic. you really only need to do a normal hood

http://whatthecraft.com/how-to-attach-a-hood-photo-tutorial/

but what you want to do is to make sure not to affix the ends close to your neck youll need to tack them down and tailor them to your neck area. Just pin it down and test and see if it works until you are happy then sew.

Use a Cotton. do not use a suiting or a polyester it will fray, youll need something that is nice and tight weaved so that you can bunch all this up and affix the hooks

Edited by Amidala
  • Like 1

New updates:

Parts arrived last week.

b49bfead2f.jpg

3050eff012.jpg

1cd90851f5.jpg

38ea1cfeb6.jpg

Softparts:

8138d3ad2f.jpg

117e669a33.jpg

Now two pics. Are the parts on the right place?

1b15f847d8.jpg

b616fda681.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality of the last pic. If you need a better pic please say it.